We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cab ride from hell

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
258 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
cab ride from hell

Talked to my son who just got back the other day from Vegas. Told me a good story. His two friends were in a cab from McCarron Airport to their hotel, police came, with guns drawn, ordered the cabbie out of the cab with his hands up. Then his two friends were also ordered out. They asked them once more, they couldn't get out, the doors were locked. So they climbed over and out from the front door. They were frisked and cuffed, then let go. Seems the cabbie mistakenly hit a distress button. I never heard of anything like it, anyone else?

Nottingham, UK
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: cab ride from hell

That's terrible I've never heard of that before. I've been in a limo once and the police pulled us over we had to get out and the driver was arrested we never knew why though?

Boston
Level Contributor
24,559 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cab ride from hell

In the past I’ve heard of some cabs having a help button in the case of an emergency or a theft taking place, just didn't know LV cabs had them.

Port Hope, Canada
Level Contributor
883 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cab ride from hell

A lot of cities and towns now make it mandatory for cabs to have what they call a 911 light on the back of the cab. Unfortunately they are prone to being hit accidentally and then you get members of the public calling in with updates on the flashing light.

bolton uk
Level Contributor
764 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: cab ride from hell

Christ,they should have those buttons in the back for when you are being ripped off!

Kearney, Nebraska
Level Contributor
445 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cab ride from hell

Lucky it was not Chicago they might have shot when they did not comply fast enough.

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,943 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: cab ride from hell

Wow. How far did they get before they were pulled over? I wonder if there is a fine to the driver/company. When 911 is called here in Ontario there is a fine if there is no emergency.

Yankee
Level Contributor
7,293 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cab ride from hell

Sounds like a plot for My Cousin Vinny Part 2.

albuquerque
Level Contributor
2,801 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: cab ride from hell

Only in vegas, I would have had a heart attack!

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
512 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: cab ride from hell

Well, at least they didn't get tunneled! Hopefully they didn't get charged for the cab ride either.....

Right of the Center
Level Contributor
186 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: cab ride from hell

I wish I had been in that cab. The exciting fun stuff always happens to other people.