We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New year in Las Vegas 2014

Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
New year in Las Vegas 2014

Hi we are hoping to go for 6 days over new year (28 th December onwards ) and renew our vows with elvis to celebrate our 25 th wedding anniversary !!!!! ( and they said it wouldn't last ! )

Having trouble getting costs and availability as it only goes up to December at present. When will the New Years prices be available ?we hope to stay at the Venetian or the palazzo And where is the best play to see the fireworks at midnight ? Thanks in advance .

milwaukee
Level Contributor
2,375 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New year in Las Vegas 2014

i would call Venetian/Palazzo directly and see what they can do for you if you indeed want to book this far in advance.

Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New year in Las Vegas 2014

Thank you . I know it's very busy at new year and just wanted to know the best time to book , how far in advance really ?

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,993 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: New year in Las Vegas 2014

We booked this year's NYE accommodations in two installments: first a package promotion that came up in mid September; then another promotion that came up in late October. I don't think you need to even start thinking about reservations until September.

Best vantage points for the fireworks would be the top of Stratosphere or the Eiffel Tower, Mix or House of Blues at Mandalay Bay, or Strip view rooms from Mandalay Bay, Four Seasons or The Hotel.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
651 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New year in Las Vegas 2014

We already booked our New Year's eve trip--used airline miles to book flight and then started seeing hotels appear in the last few weeks so we booked The Hotel at MB. I think we got a good deal and it will be a great vantage point away from the craziness of center strip.

NY
Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: New year in Las Vegas 2014

I'm looking to go as well this yer for our 1st anniversary (12/31). I'm debating on using my timeshare if a place on the strip becomes available for exchange or using Total Rewards for a Harrah's property.

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
1,964 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: New year in Las Vegas 2014

We go every NYE and have been staying at Aria, the fireworks are amazing, from the party we head to the strip just before midnight(Aria, closes their side entrance so you can go out side and get a stunning view of the fireworks.) Their are many hotels that shoot them off at the same time, and you would be able to see them anywhere on the strip.

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,730 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New year in Las Vegas 2014

If you know you will go for NYE, it is not too early to book, at least flights. start looking at hotels now.

Have fun

Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New year in Las Vegas 2014

Thanks for all your replies , we are 99% sure we will go and just waiting to have our holiday at work confirmed . It's too big a milestone to miss 25 years , and we have spoken to elvis who will do our vows ! Great fun and looking forward to returning to Vegas again, as there is no place like it !!! X

1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: New year in Las Vegas 2014

We are staying in the venetian we fly out on the 31st get to USA 6pm American time I can't wait! What do you guys recommend in terms of hints and tips etc for New Year's Eve?

Ontario, Canada
Destination Expert
for Detroit
Level Contributor
3,267 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New year in Las Vegas 2014

Are you country music fans? If yes, I would recommended the Fox New Years party at Mandalay Bay. It is live to air with New York, NY. It was fun as you get to celebrate New Years twice! The countdown is at 9PM (New York time) and then you can go out and celebrate again at midnight in Vegas. We ended up on the strip to see the fireworks at midnight.