We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Canyon Helicopter Trip.....

England
Level Contributor
77 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Canyon Helicopter Trip.....

We are thinking of doing this when we visit as part of our honeymoon in September. I have just looked at the different tours available for it and there are different ones like West Rim for example and now I'm not sure what one we should go for as I have no idea what the West Rim is!

Basically I'm asking you experts what you would recommend seeing?! (And not bothering with lol)

Thanks for you help! :)

England
Level Contributor
77 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Canyon Helicopter Trip.....

Oh I now I have just noticed there is a South Rim!!?

Edited: 3:13 pm, January 16, 2013
Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
55,625 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Canyon Helicopter Trip.....

I would start with the "Top Questions about Las Vegas" just to the right of your post. Lots of info there about Grand Canyon visits.

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
5,929 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Canyon Helicopter Trip.....

The West Rim is closer to Vegas and many Vegas visitors settle with helicopter trips that go there. It is a scenic place and you will have a great day. But the true beauty and grandeur of the GC is found at the National Park at the South Rim. It is a five hour drive each way or you can fly on a small plane to get there. You need to decide whether you want to do something short, nice and touristy or commit the time and effort to see one of the natural wonders of the world.

4. Re: Grand Canyon Helicopter Trip.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 18, 2014