We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Non-Refundable Offers

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,936 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Non-Refundable Offers

A number of offers received today from MLife hotels were non-refundable. They were clearly marked, to those who looked. These non-refundable terms are starting to show up a little more often lately.

It just wouldn't work for us, but maybe we are not the norm. Would you consider a non-refundable offer in Las Vegas?

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
2,885 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Non-Refundable Offers

Hi ktinca

Yes I would. As always if the price was right and I had my travel insurance in place for the said dates and times.

The non-refundable offers can be a good deal. All depends on each individuals bottom line I suppose.

Wheat Ridge...
Level Contributor
5,935 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Non-Refundable Offers

I've booked condos on VRBO that were non-refundable. So, yes, I guess for the right deal, I'd book something non-refundable. But it would have to be a particularly juicy deal.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Non-Refundable Offers

For the right deal, sure. My airfare is often non-refundable, so once that's booked I know I'm going.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
937 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Non-Refundable Offers

I think for those of us who travel greater distances to get to Vegas, a hotel being non-refunable is less of a big deal.

To be honest, if I've booked and paid for an airfare (which, in order to be in any way affordable from the UK will likely be a non-refundable one), then it'd have to be a pretty serious issue for me to consider cancelling/changing my plans.

I will not book any element of an American trip without comprehensive travel insurance in place though, so I wouldn't put myself in a position where losses were unrecoverable in the event of unforeseen circumstances curtailing my travels.

I do much prefer to have the flexibility to cancel or change if a better deal comes up and learned from this forum that booking directly with the hotel generally makes this much easier than dealing through a 3rd party like Expedia.

Mullica Hill, New...
Level Contributor
6,406 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Non-Refundable Offers

If someone doesn't expect a better deal, then it would probably be ok. For me, I changed my last reservations a few times as prices went down. I guess the offer is good for those people that have a mlife card, but only played a few dollars and thus wouldn't be getting much in the way of offers.

Milwaukie, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,018 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Non-Refundable Offers

For a short trip where there are many other options I would never book a non-refundable hotel room. I also fly airlines with minimal or no fees to change/cancel flights.

For renting a house or condo on a longer trip (such as to Hawaii or Palm Springs) I often rent non-refundable and protect my investment with travel insurance. I can understand why Vegas visitors from Europe or the east coast might do the same. They probably stay longer and for sure have a greater investment.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
4,620 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Non-Refundable Offers

I can't say I'd never do it if the price was fantastically great, but I try to avoid non refundable. I don't buy travel insurance as my flights with west jet can be cancelled for a minimal fee and if I have a refundable room then no worries. I like the flexibility of changing my reservations also. I have changed up my room less than a week out before and for my next trip in feb I've already changed my reservation once so I like refundable.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
540 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Non-Refundable Offers

Never say never again.....

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
24,543 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Non-Refundable Offers

Most chain hotels (Starwood, Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt, etc) offer a non-refundable rate which is lower than their refundable rates, so its not new to the industry.

I rarely book those rates unless its a few days before I travel. Too many times Ive seen the lowest refundable rate end up as low or even become lower than what the non-refundable rate was a few months out.

Ohio
Level Contributor
6,066 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Non-Refundable Offers

A simple no way. Just the weather can cause travel nightmares. like New York city hurricanes. I think one of the reasons is that LV is a travel destination is the desert weather, rare storms, mostly sunshine.