We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jimmy Vegas - Do Not Use

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Derby
2 posts
Save Topic
Jimmy Vegas - Do Not Use

Last Year I used this company who at the time of booking bent over backwards to help out in any way they could, I had to change from a wedding to a Limo trip instead, they could not do enough to ensure I was happy and still used them to the point where I sent them more money!! That was my first mistake from that point on they did not provide me with the information required to enable me to go on the trip I paid for once I was in Vegas I emailed them and called them constantly on my return stating what had happened and they admitted liability and for 3 months kept saying the refund is on its way, the refund is on its way,as I was pregnant all this extra stress was just not healthy for me so in the end I contacted trading standards who confirmed they were in breach of the sevice and goods act and guided me in the steps I needed to take, this is now going through the small claims court which is costing me money but will be worth it to get justice. There are other companies out there that are more trustworthy please avoid these for your own sanity.

2 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Jimmy Vegas - Do Not Use

We too used Jimmy vegas / Your wedding vegas / what ever they call them selves at the time to avoid the people they have stung out of money.

we had to comunicate alot with JV since day one and we should have pulled out as this company as they are complete crooks we are still chacing and chasing and they fob us off with so many excuses.

PEOPLE DONT USE ANY OF THE NAMES I MENTIONED ABOVE oyu will loose hair over this.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Jimmy Vegas - Do Not Use

I was very apprehensive having read the negative reviews on tripadvisor. However as I had already paid a deposit I was not sure what I could do. I ended up contacting travelday.ltd who were the travel agents jimmy Vegas were using and they provided documentation showing our flights etc were atol protected.

Having just had the wedding 28th may 2013 and the honeymoon I have to say everything went so smoothly that I was hugely surprised. I wasn't expecting the wedding or the honeymoon I booked to be so amazing. Feel free to private message me for more details.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: Jimmy Vegas - Do Not Use

Jimmy Vegas certainly polarizes opinion. It's either a company that will provide the wedding of your dreams and prompt adjectives like "amazing" and "wonderful" or a bunch of desperate criminals who will take your money and disappear forever. Never anything in-between.

Speaking of things disappearing forever, that seems to be apply to most of the first time posters who bump old Jimmy Vegas threads on here..... :-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Jimmy Vegas - Do Not Use

Lol! I can assure u I'm a real person. But I do get the feeling that having used the company I could definitely have organised the whole thing myself for slightly cheaper. Everything I paid for had a mark up - ie they used Stevee hair and makeup (featured on dont tell the bride uk) and I definitely overpaid by £30 when I booked through the company. But I was paying for the convenience. The actual wedding was a package provided by flamingo hotel, which was the amazing part. This would have been great whether I organised it myself or through the company. I agree with ur statement about the company polarising opinion. I myself went online to companies house to look at the directors of the company and what other directorships those people had past and present. The information which is public was not promising. However as I booked my flights and hotel through them and they used a travel agent I thought in the worst case scenario if they go bust I still have my holiday! But I have to agree with the other posters in that they are easy to contact when you owe them money, but not when you've paid. My sis had a problem with them confirming the invoice was paid. However the event has passed now so everything is ok. Also I found flights cheaper elsewhere but that may have been fluctuations in pricing and exchange rate over time. But overall I've had a worrying but positive experience and felt that needed to be represented. Mostly cos I couldn't verify any of the positive responses to be real people. I had already paid my deposit last year when I came across these threads and had a nail biting 9 months to wait. I thought I'd see how it went and then comment! But if I hadn't already paid then I prob wouldn't have gone with them as the number of negative reviews is rather alarming, coupled with the background research on uk Companies House! But if you're not sure about the JV or whatever they're called then u gotta make that decision for yourself! :-)

Peterborough...
1 post
Save Reply
25. Re: Jimmy Vegas - Do Not Use

i booked my trip and wedding through jimmy vegas they were great . I was concerned by the comments on trip advisor as were my parents,who paying a large portion of the trip were not happy with us using them. however i stuck with them as i believed what they said when i called them and voiced my concerns. mine and my now husbands trip was amazing ,limo waiting at airport, hotel was lovely , wedding organiser at site really helpful ,limo waiting for me on the day too on time and everything went smoothly . I understand some people may have had bad experiences , but good experiences rarely post so i thought i would . maybe i was a really relaxed bride anyway and didnt notice the things that went wrong,but i really cant think of any . my parents who were put off and booked through virgin were supposed to have a rep waiting for them at the airport who never showed .... jimmy vegas limo was there with champagne waiting just saying .

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
477 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Jimmy Vegas - Do Not Use

Rhinoman..I almost choked on my sandwich....funniest line EVER!

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,771 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Jimmy Vegas - Do Not Use

Yes, Rhinoman should get an award for funniest ever TA post. Genius.

What is not so funny is the state of the British education system - many of the posters on this thread are presumably products of it and yet completely unable to write clear English. I'm ashamed.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,520 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Jimmy Vegas - Do Not Use

"Your lack of periods leads me to believe that you are pregnant again." Rhino, GREAT one!! (As I clean the soda spray off my keyboard.)

Edited: 5:39 pm, July 04, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,520 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Jimmy Vegas - Do Not Use

Jenny, it seems to me that you were acting responsibly in trying to work with the service provider before coming on-line to complain about them publicly. Please forgive our general skepticism.

In case you do not know it, you are judged by your presentation. Your failure to use the common rules of English usage (things like sentences!) detracts from your message.

But thank you for taking the time to warn others of this service provider.

London, United...
Level Contributor
475 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Jimmy Vegas - Do Not Use

Slpeling is ipmorantt but as long as i C4N aulaclty uesdnatnrd what i am rdanieg in the M3554G3 it's not a pboerlem. True that many people leave school with lack of good English but i would rather blame the education system and not put more pressure on those who haven't mastered the language. Doing so discourages them from voicing an opinion on sites like this. A site that helps travellers. Not denigrate them.