We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Southwest Question ATL-LAX and ATL LAS

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
395 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Southwest Question ATL-LAX and ATL LAS

Gday All

I am looking for a flight for my wife from ATL-LAX at 2.20pm on 2nd December which you have a plane change in LAS which is $214.. This is fine but I am looking at the same flight ATL-LAS at 2.20pm and staying in Vegas.. The price is $256 which sounds weird.. Any reason for this.. Would it be taxes etc...

Wheat Ridge...
Level Contributor
6,066 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Southwest Question ATL-LAX and ATL LAS

What, you think there's some logic behind airlines pricing?

In reality, it probably has to do with the pricing for the ATL-LAX flight and the fact there's a stop in Vegas. Those flights, on Southwest, tend to be cheaper than direct or non-stop flights.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Southwest Question ATL-LAX and ATL LAS

It's not taxes.

It's just part of the game.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
24,952 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Southwest Question ATL-LAX and ATL LAS

Very common. Some people play the game and will book a one way flight, not check any bags and get off on the stop if that is where they really want to be going. If someone does that on a RT flight the airlines normally will cancel the passengers return flight.

With that said why not take one of Delta's many non-stop flights between ATL and LAX?

4. Re: Southwest Question ATL-LAX and ATL LAS

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 am, December 15, 2013