We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vdara or Elara?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manhattan, Kansas
Level Contributor
292 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Vdara or Elara?

My husband and I are traveling to Vegas in December and are trying to decide between the two hotels. Pros and cons of each location? It looks like Elara is a bit cheaper, but is Vdara significantly better?

Thanks in advance for an tips!

Brooklyn
Level Contributor
716 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vdara or Elara?

I struggled with this myself at some point, haven't made it to either yet, but chose Vdara with my wife, Elara with the fellas.

Dallas
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vdara or Elara?

We stayed at Vdara two weeks ago and we really liked it. The only things that weren't great were the pool and the internet (could not use Vdara's network at all). We loved our room and we loved the location. It was very easy to get around and the Cosmo, Bellagio, and Aria were all right there for dining and gambling. For me, I would choose Vdara as I like the surrounding properties more than Elara.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
25,861 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vdara or Elara?

Vdara love their rooms.

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
204 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vdara or Elara?

Vdara is more upscale and would be better for the Mlife gambler. The entire property is non-gaming and non-smoking. Vdara only has a bar downstairs and an overpriced cafe. They closed the only restaurant, Silk Road, so you'll have to walk over to Aria for dining.

Elara has MUCH more amenities. Most rooms have a full kitchen, jacuzzi tub in the master, and multiple flat screen TVs. Basically any of the 1 bedroom + suites are fully furnished apartment units. The lobby connects directly to the Miracle Mile shops at PH so you have very close access to stores and restaurants.

If you are driving and self parking, Elara has closer parking garage access. Vdara would require valet or that you park in the CityCenter garage or the Bellagio garage.

I was at Elara when it was PH Towers and it seemed like the housekeeping was not as thorough as I had wished. Mainly, you would notice dust and fingerprints in very obvious places, but they still did an adequate job of keeping things clean and tidy.

I am inclined to say the crowd at Vdara would be more mature and more quiet. Elara, back when it was PH Towers, seemed to attract a younger crowd that seemed more troublesome. I checked in on Superbowl Sunday and it took me a few hours to hop room to room until I found one quiet enough due to people being extremely loud or smoking in the hallways and such.

Also, I think the rooms on the North side of the first 35 floors of Elara face out toward a concrete parking structure. You'll have to be quite a ways up to get a decent view. Vdara on the other hand has nice views all around, although there are reports that the loud music from the Cosmopolitan pool seem to project toward the side closest to Vdara.

5. Re: Vdara or Elara?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, December 15, 2013