We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

won $319 with ellis island free play!!

North Wales uk
Level Contributor
578 posts
Save Topic
won $319 with ellis island free play!!

This may not be much to you gamblers but we have never bet more than $10 a day!

We were going to go to Mix to night for our blowout meal before we go home on Wednesday but to be honest I didn't feel like getting all dressed up .

I have spent hundreds of dollars in Hollister and Abercombie and Finch at town square for my kids.We were on a budget but we still spent all this on the kids with out going over budget.

Anyway said to DH do you fancy just going to this Ellis island everyone on Trip Advisor raves about instead of Mix, he agreed right away as he isn't a fan of fancy restaurants.So we went and signed up so we could use the 241 LVA coupon and got ten dollars each free play.

We had a good steak and shrimp meal each and a coke each for the grand total of $17 plus $6 tip.It was excellent value.We then played our free play,just sat down and got a comped drink so I'm happy anyway .I was all playing 15 cents a spin when the machine started chinging it went on and on till I ended up with $319.Cashed in and walked away very very happy.Hubby walked away with $15 .

Tomorrow is our last day so I will have a spend but to be honest we have had a blast and haven't felt we missed out on anything being in a budget.We have done everything we wanted to do and spent hundreds on the kids with out going a penny over budget, thank to good planning and LVA.

Special Offer
Grand Canyon All American Helicopter...
6,717 reviews
from $399.99*
$494.95
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,102 reviews
from $142.99*
$224.90
Special Offer
Deluxe Grand Canyon All American...
511 reviews
from $426.99*
$527.50
Special Offer
Skip the Line: Grand Canyon Skywalk...
403 reviews
from $499.99*
$541.00
Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: won $319 with ellis island free play!!

Well Done - I never miss a visit to Ellis Island, Great food and drink at "off the strip" prices! Even the bar staff know us now! Glad you mentioned Town Square too - its a lovely shopping experience with some good happy hours in the bars too - I will be back next June - cant wait!!

Jersey UK
Level Contributor
2,593 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: won $319 with ellis island free play!!

Big Congrats on you win, interested to know what you were playing,

I think Vegas is a place were you spend what you can afford, or what you budget to spend..

Glad you had a good trip, Ellis island on my to do list, and also the famous Stage Door..

Although I think I was in Ellis Island years ago?

4 more sleeps then on our way!!

Mims

North Wales uk
Level Contributor
578 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: won $319 with ellis island free play!!

Thank you all.This win was big for me , we only bet about fifty dollars the whole trip between us, probly won most of it back got the odd ten and twenty win.We did it for the comped drinks which we got lots of.If you look for a waitress and played a few dollars you usually got a drink we considsidered a drink a win lol.

LVA stands for Las Vegas Advisor. I can't make a link but it is worth googling.You can see the coupons and offers available.You pay for the booklet, it can be sent to the UK.There are also coupons you can print off.We used loads, saved hundreds of dollars.

We had breakfast at the Paris buffet for $13, these prices are all for two.Saw Marc Savard for $10.Steak at magnolia downtown for about $20.Planet Hollywood buffet for dinner was about $ 30.Ellis island $17 for steak and shrimp. These prices also included drinks usually a beer and a soft drink..also buffet at Green Valley Rancher,dinner for $19 we won $20 and got two comped drinks! Were happy with that ....

I well recommend the booklet if you are on a budget.

We wanted to see the top of the stratosphere so we went for lunch, it was wonder full , we loved it.We had fantastic sandwiches,drinks and a dessert for $50, the service was wonderful, we used a $ 10 restaurant.com coupon.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
280 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: won $319 with ellis island free play!!

Fantastic... you bring hope to all those that pursue freeplay.

North Wales uk
Level Contributor
578 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: won $319 with ellis island free play!!

Hytail..we weren't pursuing free play, we were pursuing free food lol.We had a 241 coupon with LVA the condition of which was you had to have a players card.The free play was just a bonus!!

Sioux Falls, South...
Level Contributor
6,608 posts
409 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: won $319 with ellis island free play!!

Congratulations on your win!! That's a nice way to end a trip to LV.

Gulf Breeze, Florida
Level Contributor
152 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: won $319 with ellis island free play!!

Nice win!

North Wales uk
Level Contributor
578 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: won $319 with ellis island free play!!

Had another good gambling night , spent $50 had 16. Comped drinks between us and came back with $85 that included tipping the cocktail waitress....that's a result as far as we are concerned....don't won't to go home in the morning !!!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,039 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: won $319 with ellis island free play!!

Very nice win, indeed! I don't recall seeing a large win like that reported here for Ellis Island before. Or, at least I know I personally haven't had much luck there....So, congrats on a great trip!

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
955 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: won $319 with ellis island free play!!

That is awesome! Glad to hear such a great review for Ellis Island. We make it there about twice each trip.

What machine were you playing when you hit the $319?