We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi back to Airport ~ Also "NO tunnel?"

Punta Gorda, Florida
Level Contributor
678 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi back to Airport ~ Also "NO tunnel?"

I know it's advisable to say "no tunnel" when you arrive in Las Vegas to your hotel.

What about from your hotel to the airport? "No Tunnel" also?

Our hotel is Paris.

Boston
Level Contributor
15,119 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi back to Airport ~ Also "NO tunnel?"

I've never heard of anyone getting inappropriately tunneled on the way back to the airport. Especially coming from Paris. I wouldn't worry about it.

buffalo,new york
Level Contributor
2,030 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi back to Airport ~ Also "NO tunnel?"

I was tunneled one time from Ip to the airport several years ago and didn't realize it

Edited: 12:03 pm, August 24, 2012
Portland, Me
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi back to Airport ~ Also "NO tunnel?"

tunneled???

Piscataway, New...
Level Contributor
191 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi back to Airport ~ Also "NO tunnel?"

The new thing with going to the airport is when you get in the taxi/cab the driver might ask if you want to take the freeway and avoid the lights and traffic.

With there being only north bound lane on the srip in the area in the area where O'Shea's used to be it might be worth. Any northbound trip up the strip these days most drivers AVOID THE STRIP due to the construction.

I know I went from Paris to the Riv to see the DiceMan and the driver shot out the back and Up Koval without asking if it was ok. It appears the cab drives don't have to take the shorted route if the shortest route is north on the strip because of the constuction due to prolonged delays

Mullica Hill, New...
Level Contributor
6,529 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi back to Airport ~ Also "NO tunnel?"

I mentioned "No Freeway" going to Freemont from Paris...only because one time the cab driver appeared he was going to go that route.

The difference in cost is probably not a whole lot though, compared to being tunneled to/from the airport.

San Diego
Level Contributor
324 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi back to Airport ~ Also "NO tunnel?"

I was at Paris two weeks ago and when leaving my instructions to the taxi driver were "Airport, Southwest Airlines please." He took a direct route and the fare including a tip was $15.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
4,631 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi back to Airport ~ Also "NO tunnel?"

I've been "long hauled"from hotel to airport. Not paying attention when cab pulled out. Cost is at least 10 more and we pulled in right behind our friends who didnt go freeway so it's not faster either

Punta Gorda, Florida
Level Contributor
678 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi back to Airport ~ Also "NO tunnel?"

So, what should I say....?

No tunnel?

Cheapest way?

Wyandotte, Michigan
Level Contributor
199 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi back to Airport ~ Also "NO tunnel?"

Do what I do, I tell the taxi driver the cheapest way, that the cheaper the ride the bigger the tip to him....

You know what it cost you to get to the hotel from the airport, it should not cost any more then that. Believe me, they want that tip..Don't be afraid to speak up when you get in the cab, if you don't like their attude, then get out before you leave the hotel and get into another cab. Believe me, I have done it... I work way to hard for my money to let someone rip me off like that.

Shelby Township...
Destination Expert
for Paradise
Level Contributor
2,368 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi back to Airport ~ Also "NO tunnel?"

You don't say, "No Tunnel" at all, because the implication is made that the cab driver intended to rip you off if you didn't utter the phrase. When you go to a restaurant, do you tell the waiter the items on the menu that you DON'T want? Well, you don't tell a cab driver what you don't want, either.

Instead, you hop in the cab like you've done it before and say politely, "Paris, please. Swenson to Audrie." Actually, I've never stayed at Paris, but that seems about right.