We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Hotels for Tweens

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Friendswood, Texas
2 posts
Save Topic
Best Hotels for Tweens

Gonna be in Vegas for 2 nights with twin 13 year old boy and girls. What hotel do you reccommend?

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
124 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Hotels for Tweens

A place with a good pool.... Mandalay bay (far south not much action) or Flamingo (center strip, get a Go room) depending on your price ranges

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
124 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Hotels for Tweens

What i meant was Mandalay Bay is clear to the South End without much in immediate walking distance. Sorry :-)

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,881 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Hotels for Tweens

"What i meant was Mandalay Bay is clear to the South End without much in immediate walking distance. Sorry :-)"

Have you ever been to Mandalay Bay?

Mandalay Bay is connected to Luxor which is connected to Excalibur. You can walk to either of these hotels without walking outside, or if you don't want to walk there is a free tram connecting the 3 hotels. From Excalibur you can take an overhead walkway to NYNY, and from NYNY there is another overhead walkway to MGM. So from Mandalay Bay you can walk (easily) to 4 other hotels without your feet touching the sidewalk.

Mandalay Bay may be on the south end of the Strip, but it is certainly not there by itself.

Australia
Level Contributor
449 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Hotels for Tweens

Absolutely correct. I stayed there and it was great its pretty easy to get around and there is heaps to do for tweens without having a million drunks around.

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
124 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Hotels for Tweens

I just read that Flamingo pool is for 21+ so please disregard that.

Yes, i've been to Mandalay Bay many times , i just meant that it is not in the middle of the strip. If you dont have a car you would want to consider taking the bus after the first couple days.... Lots of walking from that area. ;-)

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Hotels for Tweens

Also, ktinca forgot to mention that NYNY is a stone's throw from Monte Carlo, and Monte Carlo has a tram to Aria and Bellagio. Then, from Bellagio you can quickly walk over to Caesars, and Caesars has shuttles that will take you to various TR properties! So really, you're close to everything if you stay at MB!

Sorry...MB is at the south end of The Strip, and while there are walkways connecting everything, getting to MGM Grand is still probably a 15 minute walk, and MGM Grand is still towards the south end of The Strip. Yes, MB isn't isolated, but it definitely has one of the more inferior locations of the "on strip" hotels.

All that aside, the pool complex at MB does make it a great choice for tweens, and would be my vote.

Edited: 3:14 am, August 06, 2012
Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Hotels for Tweens

Impossible to offer advice without more information on ballpark budget and dates. Suggesting a hotel where a room is $175 per night isn't going to work if the OP doesn't want to spend much more than $100. I did suggest that the OP provide these details when they asked a virtually identical question to this one.

But as the OP hasn't yet responded to the answers they've received over the best part of a week, perhaps it's not even worth offering further suggestions anyway.

Edited: 3:21 am, August 06, 2012
8. Re: Best Hotels for Tweens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, August 21, 2013