We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Las Vegas Hotels

Las Vegas Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:42 pm, October 06, 2015
Special Offer
Las Vegas to Grand Canyon Helicopter...
6,705 Reviews
from $399.99*
$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam from Las...
5,208 Reviews
from $139.99*
$224.90
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter and...
926 Reviews
from $598.99*
Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Las Vegas Hotels

If you're going to be in town for 10 nights then the easy solution is to split your time and have five nights at each. Both are excellent properties and it will enhance your time in Vegas by experiencing two different hotels.

Cosmopolitan does have a younger vibe but I'm in my late 40s and certainly don't feel out of place there so you should be fine. It does get pretty hectic at weekends (though the same could be said about just about any Strip hotel) so perhaps avoid it then if you don't want things to get too crazy!

Swansea, Wales
Level Contributor
357 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Las Vegas Hotels

It'll be a good idea to split your time between hotels. If you opt for one I'd personally go for the Palazzo due to its location right in the middle.

Have you considered staying one or two nights downtown. The vibe it totally different to the strip, it can be a convenient base to explore the Mob Museum, Neon Boneyard, Premium Outlets and Fremont Street Experience.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Las Vegas Hotels

I would say the cosmopolitan is more central than the Palazzo. I would split your time between the two as well. Why not experience both hotels. As far as the Cosmo, if you book thru the Marriott website, they will price match any other websites nightly rate, plus take off an additional 25%! Best deal for the Cosmo!

London, United...
Level Contributor
247 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Las Vegas Hotels

Haven't been to the Cosmo, but you would never ever regret staying at the Venetian or Palazzo. Both utterly wonderful hotels with fantastic restaurants on the doorstep, and my favoured location on the strip.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Las Vegas Hotels

Splitting your trip between the two hotels is a perfect solution. As with DylansDad, I would consider the Cosmo way more centrally located than the Palazzo. I am even older than blagger (Egad!) and I love the Cosmo.

I would never suggest someone stay downtown on their first visit. I would suggest you do visit some evening to see what it is like. It does have a different atmosphere than the strip- not better, not worse- just different. Some people love it, some people hate it, but you won't know if it is for you until you see it for yourself. If you visit and like it- then you can stay there on your next trip. Until that happens- I would definitely stick to the strip on a first visit.

6. Re: Las Vegas Hotels

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:42 pm, October 06, 2015
7. Re: Las Vegas Hotels

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, June 20, 2013