We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants on Tropicana Blvd .

n.y.
Level Contributor
1,035 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants on Tropicana Blvd .

While checking the map of restaurants , I noticed many restaurants on Tropicana Blvd towards the airport side . Has anyone ate at these restaurants , they seem to be very reasonable , there is a steak place and Italian place and many others. We are staying at the Tropicana and are considering eating at some of them . Any opinions . thanks

Special Offer
Grand Canyon All-American Helicopter...
6,705 Reviews
from $399.99*
$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,205 Reviews
from $139.99*
$224.90
Grand Canyon 4-in-1 Helicopter Tour
926 Reviews
from $598.99*
1060 W Addison...
Level Contributor
10,156 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants on Tropicana Blvd .

Uh, got some names?

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
45,442 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants on Tropicana Blvd .

Casa Di Amore is on East Tropicana and is a favorite on the Las Vegas boards. Quite possibly the one local Non-Strip restaurant that many tourists have tried.

We usually got to McMullan's Irish Pub on our trips. It is on West Tropicana.

You will also find a number of restaurants on Flamingo Road.

n.y.
Level Contributor
1,035 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants on Tropicana Blvd .

Sergios , Dessy B Steakhouse ,Badger Cafe , Casa Di Amore and Sammy's L A Pastrami among others

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
10,230 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants on Tropicana Blvd .

Tropicana Avenue, not Boulevard. Just for the sake of correctness.

Dessy B. seems like a remodeled Denny's. I was there only once, a couple of years ago. I was not impressed.

I think Sammy's L.A. Pastrami has been sold. It is not as good as it used to be. Years ago, I recommended this place -- their shwarma was cut fresh from the rotisserie. But now, I don't think so. The last time I was at the their sister store (Decatur and Flamingo), the meat was taken from a fridge or freezer and either zapped or thrown on the grill. I was not happy! The Tropicana store is a shack with about 6 plastic tables inside. The Decatur store has no "inside", just a window to order from, and a couple of tables outside in the sun and the wind. Counter service, not table service. I used to love their gyros, but not as much under the new ownership. I still go there, maybe every couple of moths, but usually only when I am going to the Tool's [sic] For Less next door.

Casa Di Amore is too touristy fo rme, over hyped in my opinion.

I have not been to Sergio's.

I have not been to Badger. I'm not sure why I've never gone there for their "Build You Burger" special, especially since I've been in that center many times.

Other places on E. Tropicana include: There are two places (a burger place and a wood-burning pizza place) in McCarran Village, north of the airport; Felepito's (taco stand, very good), Metro Pizza (known to many as the best pizza in Vegas), Crown & Anchor (British pub), Macayo Vegas (sit-down Mexican), Strings (Italian). I don't recall the name of the Kabob place at Trop & Eastern (across the street rom Dessies), and there several other small restaurants in that shopping center (including a CiCi's, which I have never tried).

n.y.
Level Contributor
1,035 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants on Tropicana Blvd .

I assume I'd need a cab to go to that area , are all the restaurants with in walking distance once I get to say Dressy's , so if I go I can go to any restaurant in that area ,.

6. Re: Restaurants on Tropicana Blvd .

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 6:23 pm, May 23, 2012
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
29,829 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants on Tropicana Blvd .

Most of those restaurants named are on Trop between Maryland and Eastern, which is about a mile stretch. None of which are spots I'd go out of my way for.

You are better off to take a cab to Flamingo/paradise for the restaurants in that area.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
10,230 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants on Tropicana Blvd .

Good Beer, the ones that the OP mentioned were mostly on that stretch, so I just filled in a few more. But be fair, I also mentioned two between Koval and Paradise! And Casa Di Amore is way down, near McLeod.

And I forgot, there is a new place, Chicago Hot Dogs, on that stretch that I haven't tried yet. Just a couple of doors down from Mai Thia, which has closed.

I forgot about the Thai place in the Von's Center at Maryland.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
526 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants on Tropicana Blvd .

Stay away from PJ's PUB. It's just slightly past Trop & Maryland -- they make their grilled cheese sandwiches on hot dog buns! So gross.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants on Tropicana Blvd .

I have eaten at Strings and I really couldn't recommend it. The food wasn't horrible, but it was nothing to right home about, either.