We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this normal for Caesars?...Seriously!

U.S.A.
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Is this normal for Caesars?...Seriously!

I just booked 7 nights at Caesars for October (a Friday-a Friday). My new hostess is pretty worthless, so I booked through reservations (like I used to do). I was comped 5 nights of the trip, so I'll have to pay for 2 (Friday & Saturday). The rate for the Friday is $334.00 plus taxes & fees. The rate for Saturday is $204.00 plus taxes & fees. Those prices seem a little extreme to me---is that the average, going rate for October 19 and October 20? Something special happening in Vegas that weekend? Am I just out of the loop?....Oh, yeah, the lady in reservations went a head and billed me for the first night (at $374.08). They had never billed me before I arrived before. Is that normal practice now? Pre-bill you for the first night as soon as you book.

I just returned from Vegas last month....and I am a Total Rewards Platinum Member. I just feel like Caesars puts the screws to me...Am I over-reacting?

Edited: 4:49 pm, May 10, 2012
Special Offer
Las Vegas to Grand Canyon Helicopter...
6,706 Reviews
from $399.99*
$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam from Las...
5,212 Reviews
from $139.99*
$224.90
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter and...
927 Reviews
from $598.99*
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is this normal for Caesars?...Seriously!

Personally, I'd be happy to have just gotten 5 nights free. That said, I find Ceasers is the most overpriced place on the strip, that's the sort of numbers I see for an average weekend there when I check prices.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Is this normal for Caesars?...Seriously!

Can't help regarding why rates are so high but in my experience Vegas hotels take immediate payment of your first night's accommodation as a deposit. I've no idea however if different rules apply if you're TR Diamond.

What "fees" are involved? $334 + 12% tax = $374.08.

Edited: 4:58 pm, May 10, 2012
London, United...
Level Contributor
247 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is this normal for Caesars?...Seriously!

Could you not just take the five comped nights and stay at one of the other Harrahs places for the weekend? I realise moving is a hassle, but it would save you a fair whack of cash whilst keeping your money within the group?

virginia
Level Contributor
2,964 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Is this normal for Caesars?...Seriously!

I agree with what others have said. Caesars has the highest room rates out of all the Caesars properties. You probably got a good deal.

Whenever I have to pay above and beyond what I was comped, that sounds about right.

If it's too much, maybe book the other 2 nights somewhere else? Just a thought.

Good luck!

yourstarla
Level Contributor
11,241 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is this normal for Caesars?...Seriously!

All Strip hotels charge first night room and tax for paid nights, so that part doesn't seem out of the ordinary to me.

As for the rate, CP does tend to overcharge for what you get. If you play I'm sure they'll look into covering those last nights for you. ;)

Boston
Level Contributor
24,681 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is this normal for Caesars?...Seriously!

" You probably got a good deal.'

No actually he did not, off the street price.

Take the 5 night comp and stay at another hotel a few nights, I usually Never recommend moving but thats high for two nights, you expect those rates in NY city but not Vegas.

Utah
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Is this normal for Caesars?...Seriously!

I have been looking for rooms October 18 - 21st because we are going to Vegas for the Jimmy Buffet Concert on the 20th. Rooms seem high to me considering I will be there next month and I am paying the rate of $49.00 friday and Saturday night and Thursday is free at New York New York. I am not finding any discounts even with my reward cards for any hotels.

Michigan
Level Contributor
8,181 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is this normal for Caesars?...Seriously!

Caesars over priced for what you get even their lower priced rooms are over priced. This is just my opinion.

UK
Level Contributor
219 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is this normal for Caesars?...Seriously!

I always thought that when staying at CET properties when your first night is comped that they don't take the deposit on your CC?? That's what's just happened to me on a booking with the first three nights comped. Have you made the weekend booking as a seperate booking? Thta would explain the charge.

I'm sure with some shopping you could find a better rate for spmewhere else on the strip. That siad when I check the weekend 10/19 - 10/20 I get $390 and $249 + taxes. That's as a platinum TR. Maybe Paris for the weekend looks better value at $180/$180?

virginia
Level Contributor
2,964 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Is this normal for Caesars?...Seriously!

Dice - I meant for Caesar's room rates that the OP got a good deal, not for alot of other properties. :0