We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Viator

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
336 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Viator

Does anyone use this service before to book your tours? They seem to get a lot of good reviews.

Sidcup
Level Contributor
591 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Viator

My friend used them for her helicopter tour. She said they were really good!

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Viator

Viator is an agency. Which company your tour would actually be with depends on which has availability that Viator has secured for that day.

If you want a specific company's tour then book direct. If you're happy to take a chance and pay a little less then by all means use Viator.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
576 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Viator

I've used them numerous times and not had a problem. It worked out well for us as I wanted to pay for my trips etc. to manage our budget and I only had a couple of preferences for certain tours which I booked separately.

Swansea, Wales
Level Contributor
357 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Viator

They are a booking agent, like expedia are for hotels. Used them once for the west rim, no complaints everything went smoothly.

5. Re: Viator

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:56 pm, June 04, 2012
ENGLAND
Level Contributor
1,706 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Viator

I can only speak of my own experiences with them, and all have been good.

Got back from Vegas yesterday and used them for three different tours.

Have used them many times previously both in Vegas and Italy, with no problems whatsoever.

NYC
Level Contributor
1 post
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Viator

They are terrible- unreliable- we booked through them, they charged our credit card, gave us a confirmation number and when we caled to find the time of pick up, said what we booked was not available and for the same price could give us less at a very inconvient time. STAY AWAY FROM THEM!

Down Under
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
7,488 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Viator

Haven't used them for anything in Vegas but have done elsewhere and never had a problem with their service.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Viator

DO NOT BOOK WITH THEM.

they use local companies, and they are extremely unreliable!!!!

we have booked a full-pickup and drop-off round tour with them to Machu Picchu for my mother and they have left her stranded 150 miles away from the final destination on the way back. she was forced to get herself a taxi to finally go back to the hotel!

when i complained, they refuse to accept any responsibility for this!!!

10. Re: Viator

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, November 01, 2014