We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

can i swim there?

wales, united...
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
can i swim there?

I want to go to a hotel where i can relax by the pool in the day,but not sure which hotel has the best pool, can you help.......... Also if i stayed in one hotel would i be able to swim in another hotels pool...?

thanks

New Jersey
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: can i swim there?

the pool areas at the mirage and flamingo are very nice and tropical. Palm trees give you enough shade.

Mandalay bay has the biggest pool (wave pool+beach) but is unfortunately far off the strip center.

Caesars and bellagios pools are also great, but rather elegant and not tropical.

Search the internet for some photos of these pools and decide which one you like best.

If you want a hotel with a nice pool at a low rate - pick the flamingo.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: can i swim there?

I agree, that the Mirage and Flamingo have very nice pools.. But when are you going? I was there last week and all the pools were pretty much closed...But if you are going from March forward, you should not have any problem with that. As far as using other hotels pools, that depends on where you stay. For example, if you stay at the TI, you can use the Mirage's pool because they are on the same property or Bally's/Paris as well. But otherwise you have to be a guest of the hotel to use there facilities unless it's the Flamingo which is pretty much open to anyone...

Good Luck!

Louisiana
Level Contributor
677 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: can i swim there?

Madalay, Luxor and Exclibur are all Mandalay properties but I don't think that have reciprocal pool use. I could be mistaken. Can someone confirm?

I hear the Trop has a nice pool. Also, you might want to look on the Travel Channel site. They did a Top 10 Pools of Vegas show. I think they have the info on their website.

Aus
Level Contributor
143 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: can i swim there?

I would definately stay at the Flamingo, the pool is awesome and it is right in the middle of the strip

Mountaineer Country
Level Contributor
1,038 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: can i swim there?

I can confirm that the Mandalay pool is only for Mandalay guest with an active room key. They will turn away everyone without an active room key. IMHO I think you have a better chance of cashing an out of town third party check with no ID at the cages, then to make it pass the pool guards with an active room key. Sorry for babbling...

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
3,030 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: can i swim there?

Flamingo beautiful pool , cheap room rates. No, you cannot swim other places, you need your room key to be admitted most everywhere.

Hard Rock has a nice pool/beach area too, if you're young and beautiful :)

ontario
Level Contributor
322 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: can i swim there?

Does anyone know if the trop pool is open yet, and if not, when it is?

California
Level Contributor
241 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: can i swim there?

It wont open till April.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
654 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: can i swim there?

Pool open now! Its not hot here year round. Most are closed about 5 mo of the year.