We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxor Pyramid Rooms, Spa Suite Okay?

Pacific Grove...
Level Contributor
1,572 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Luxor Pyramid Rooms, Spa Suite Okay?

I've read all the recommendations to stay in the Towers at the Luxor, but I wanted the experience of staying in the Pyramid and the Spa Suites look very comfortable and well appointed.

Does anyone have anything GOOD to say about the Pyramid rooms, especially the spa rooms in the corners, or are they really bad enough that I should forget about having a slanted wall and just go for the tower.

Any other tips about the Luxor welcome.

Thank you.

Special Offer
Grand Canyon All-American Helicopter...
6,706 Reviews
from $399.99*
$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,214 Reviews
from $139.99*
$224.90
Grand Canyon 4-in-1 Helicopter Tour
927 Reviews
from $598.99*
Pacific Grove...
Level Contributor
1,572 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luxor Pyramid Rooms, Spa Suite Okay?

Anyone?

Mankato, Minnesota
Level Contributor
366 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luxor Pyramid Rooms, Spa Suite Okay?

I haven't gotten to stay in the spa suite. I wanted to but, ended up in the standard pyrimid room. I have seen the spa suites and they do look quite nice. If you go to this link. You can read recent reviews. I think the best part is "view candid traveler photos." If you go though those it'll show you what "real peoples" pictures look like of their room.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g45963-d1117…

I'be stayed at Luxor twice now. It would have been a third had they been able to compete with the price I got from MGM. I enjoyed my stay.

As for a tip: We didn't realize until the second time we stayed there that you should go upstairs! There are stores up there as well as a walkway to Mandalay Bay. I believe if you go the other direction you can get to Excalabur as well but, we never took that route.

Have a great trip!

*vegas_gurl*

Lowestoft, Suffolk
Level Contributor
131 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luxor Pyramid Rooms, Spa Suite Okay?

I stayed in the standard pyramid rooms and they were really nice! The slanted window is pretty cool-but not amazing! Overall I liked the room-it wasn't too fancy, but comfortable and had great views.

Pacific Grove...
Level Contributor
1,572 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luxor Pyramid Rooms, Spa Suite Okay?

Thank you for sharing your experiences with me. I appreciate your help.

Prestwick, Scotland
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Luxor Pyramid Rooms, Spa Suite Okay?

I stayed in the pyramid room spa suite for my honeymoon in June 05 and it was superb. The suite had a small living room with a sofa, TV and fridge; and the main room had a massive bed and the spa in the corner at the window.

Yes, the walls are slanted, but it didn't pose much of a problem to us. I would recommend this room.

Sioux Center, Iowa
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Luxor Pyramid Rooms, Spa Suite Okay?

My husband and I just stayed in the pyramid spa suite 2 weeks ago and we loved it. The room wasn't the fanciest suite we'd ever been in, but it was still nice and good-sized. We loved sitting in the spa and looking out at the view. We also liked that the room had a fridge. We thought it was fun to stay in the pyramid, but this was our first time in Vegas. The buffet at Luxor was really good, and they gave us a 2 for 1 coupon when we checked in, so that was nice. All in all, we really liked the Luxor, and would stay there again.

Level Contributor
80 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Luxor Pyramid Rooms, Spa Suite Okay?

We have stayed in both the pyramid and the tower rooms and we liked the pyramid room MUCH better; plus there isn't as far of a hike to the elevators

Pacific Grove...
Level Contributor
1,572 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Luxor Pyramid Rooms, Spa Suite Okay?

It's nice to hear some good things about the Pyramid rooms. I thought the photos of the spa suites looked great, and I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed them and your stay at the Luxor.

I'm stickin' with my plan. :-)

Hell
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Luxor Pyramid Rooms, Spa Suite Okay?

How was your trip? How were the TVs in the spa suite?

St. Louis
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Luxor Pyramid Rooms, Spa Suite Okay?

Thanks for the great info, my buddy just booked us a room for the spa suites, and now I am comfortable he made a good decision. it may be the last one he makes until were back from vegas.