We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stratosphere observation deck

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
114 posts
154 reviews
Save Topic
Stratosphere observation deck

We are thinking about going to the observation deck at the Stratosphere. Is it worth going up to see?

Was also wondering about the elevator up, is it partial open view like at the Paris?

ENGLAND
Level Contributor
1,706 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stratosphere observation deck

Yes its worth it for the fantastic 360% views.

You wont see anything from inside the elevator, except the head of the person in front of you...lol.

London
Level Contributor
165 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Stratosphere observation deck

Well worth it

Community of...
Level Contributor
323 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stratosphere observation deck

Yes, it's worth it. Consider going at dusk to watch the sun set and the lights come on for the entire strip.

Michigan
Level Contributor
6,682 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stratosphere observation deck

Yes you should do it at least once its really cool.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Stratosphere observation deck

Yes, you should see it. I agree with MustLoveDogz- go just before the sun sets and then watch as all the lights on the strip come on. During the day, the view looks like any big urban area - at least to me.

Manchester, England
Level Contributor
1,243 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stratosphere observation deck

We think it's worth it...the views are great...also watching those crazy people on those scary rides up there.

Oxford, New York
Level Contributor
357 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stratosphere observation deck

There is a 2 for 1 coupon I the ACG I believe and that alone pays for the ACG book

St Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
551 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Stratosphere observation deck

I highly recommend the observation deck at Stratosphere!

If you have dinner at the Top of The World then you get free admission to the observation deck. Go early and enjoy the sunset and watch the Vegas strip light up!

Enjoy!

Baltimore
Level Contributor
1,318 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Stratosphere observation deck

Ya gotta go once just to see it. If you're 50 or over you get a Senior Citizen Discount.

The thing I like is that in spite of the signs warning people NOT to do it, you'll see people taking pictures sitting on the glass or standing on the panes for a photo. I'd be Totally Amused if I saw someone get the surprise of their suddenly shortened life if the glass broke or popped out and down they went.

10. Re: Stratosphere observation deck

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:43 am, June 18, 2013