We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much do you tip your limo driver?

Iowa
Level Contributor
130 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
How much do you tip your limo driver?

Want to rent a limo (one way), but dont' know what to tip these guys.

Special Offer
Grand Canyon All-American Helicopter...
6,706 Reviews
from $399.99*
$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,214 Reviews
from $139.99*
$224.90
Grand Canyon 4-in-1 Helicopter Tour
927 Reviews
from $598.99*
Level Contributor
7,681 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much do you tip your limo driver?

10-15% of what it cost you to rent the limo. More if the driver was couteous, less if he/she was not.

Rahway, New Jersey
Level Contributor
225 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much do you tip your limo driver?

Make sure it isn't included in the cost already. We once rented a limo and didn't notice they had added a 15% tip and then we tipped another 20% onto of it.

Obviously, we weren't pleased :-(

Iowa
Level Contributor
130 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much do you tip your limo driver?

Do you pay via credit card, or can you give them all cash when you arrive at the airport?

las vegas
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How much do you tip your limo driver?

Believe it or not, these guys only do an average of Two runs a night. They only make $5.15 an hour and rely on tips. If everyone tipped them 15-20% they would only make $100/week in tips. If your gonna go in class, act like it. For a $60 ride, give him a $100, it makes their night. That is of course, if he or she is deserving and provided good service.

Iowa
Level Contributor
130 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How much do you tip your limo driver?

Good God, $100 tip? That is my entire budget for a day!!!!

Jasper, Georgia
Level Contributor
216 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How much do you tip your limo driver?

2 weeks ago I used a limo to pick us up at the airport and take us to the hotel. Price was 57 for a stretch limo, and I tipped 20.

From the time he met us at baggage claim to the hotel to drop us off was maybe 20-25 minutes. I felt like that was a fair tip.

Hope I was right!

Level Contributor
7,681 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How much do you tip your limo driver?

Mitzi,

You did just fine. A 33% tip is GREAT for any kind of service industry worker. Whoever dais to tip $100 Is probably a limo driver hoping to cash in on this erroneous advice. Good luck pal, stick to cleaning windows at stoplights.

Joe (The Unofficial Vegas(answer)Man)

California
Level Contributor
241 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: How much do you tip your limo driver?

He said to give the driver $100 on a $60 fare, that's a $40 tip.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: How much do you tip your limo driver?

w-bear. If these guys are only getting 2 runs per night, then their really screwing up. Maybe 2 runs at 4-5 hours per run,then that makes sense. If they make minimum wage, then they'll get the tips if they deserve them. 4 hours in a limo is going to cost about 240-300. That's at 60 per hour. We always tip drivers 30 per cent. That would be about 90 bucks. So what were you saying about your friend not making money. 90 tip plus wages for 4 hours. I think that is about 20 per hour