We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best website to book vegas hotels

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best website to book vegas hotels

Hi All,

I have been to vegas 3 times and i normally book through a travel agent. Just wondering do you think i would get a better rate for strip hotels with web based company or the hotel itself. Any thoughts or websites for good deals people might use?

Cheers

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best website to book vegas hotels

Book directly with a hotel for maximum flexibility. Check out smartervegas.com where you'll find hotels' promotions collated together in one easy to navigate place.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best website to book vegas hotels

Cheers Irvine

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
13,266 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best website to book vegas hotels

In addition to smartervegas.com I check:

travelzoo.com

lasvegasadvisor.com

earlyvegas.com

The "rule of thumb" may be different for trips from the UK, but in my experience booking in the US I find tht booking the air and hotel separately usually works out the best.

You can also sign up for each hotel's email list and follow them on facebook/twitter as they sometimes send out special promotions that way.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,420 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best website to book vegas hotels

' Best website to book vegas hotels "

None, book yourself.

Level Contributor
3,510 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best website to book vegas hotels

Pick a few possible dates. Go to some hotel websites and check rates (rates will be through the roof if a large convention is in town). Also, try to avoid (or minimize) the number of Friday and Saturday nights (they can be 3-4X more than Sun - Thur). Once you find some dates, look for the best airline deal you can book. Check the coupon code pages others above have linked to for deals. Find one, and pull the trigger (you can always cancel and rebook if you find a better deal).

Seattle
Level Contributor
3,895 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best website to book vegas hotels

Check out Hotels.com for a good comparison on all hotels...I have used them for the past 10 trips and never had a problem...I now have 2 free nights because I've booked with them so many nights...I don't usually use them for The Orleans/Gold Coast as I usually qualify for a couple free nights with them.

Scotland
Level Contributor
115 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best website to book vegas hotels

Agree with Blagger, smartervegas is good for promo codes and directs you via hotel websites. Bookings can always be cancelled up to 48 hours away for refund if you spot something better elsewhere.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best website to book vegas hotels

I'd recommend www.lowcostusa.co.uk as we have just booked NYNY and the Bellagio and got some really good rates.

Like Blagger said, booking direct with the hotel is a good option as you can cancel your booking if you see a better offer etc.

What dates and hotels are you looking at??

Nottingham, UK
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Best website to book vegas hotels

www.lowcostusa.co.uk is one of the best to book with prices all include resort fee, I've used them 7 times over the years.

Eastern Mass
Level Contributor
847 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best website to book vegas hotels

travelaxe.com gives you the hotel website rate AND expedia and hotels.com AND orbitz and high;ighs the lowest rate