We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Standard room at Bellagio or Caesars Palace?

Chicago
2 posts
Save Topic
Standard room at Bellagio or Caesars Palace?

Hi,

I am currently booking a 2 night trip to Vegas for early May and I am debating if we should stay at Bellagio again or Caesars Palace for the first time. We enjoyed Bellagio when we were there in December 2004 but didn't like the gambling. We love to gamble at Caesars and have heard good things about the pool there but I've read that the rooms vary greatly depending on what tower you are in.

Based on a standard room only, do you think it's smarter to go with Bellagio over Caesars? Is it likely we could get a standard room in the Augustus Tower at CP if we ask for it and offer a tip?

Thank you in advance for your help!

socal
Level Contributor
958 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Standard room at Bellagio or Caesars Palace?

The rooms do vary A LOT at Ceasars...if you are wanting a safe bet, go with the Bellagio...and just gamble at Caesar's...

The Augustus Tower rooms are nicer, but still not quite as nice as the Bellagio (IMHO).

I don't think the service or the overall setting is as nice at Caesar's either. I keep hearing that with a "tip" (which is supposedly a no-no) that you can get a nicer room, but I've not had that experience.

Hey, you could look at it another way...its only two nights, why not try a new place as a comparison and stay at Caesars?

Chicago
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Standard room at Bellagio or Caesars Palace?

travelwriterwannab- I was thinking the same thing in terms of trying some place new but we just had a baby and our vacations are few and far between so I want to make sure we don't regret going with the nicer room - you know?

Another factor is the pool - any thoughts on the pools at CP vs. Bellagio?

Thanks for responding!

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
126 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Standard room at Bellagio or Caesars Palace?

Both pools are awesome.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,856 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Standard room at Bellagio or Caesars Palace?

The pools at both are outstanding, can't go wrong with either.

If you prefer Caesar's to Bellagio, then stay there. However, never count on a freebie upgrade. If you really want the Augustus Tower, better book it, it's becoming extremely popular.