We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rod Stewart or David Spade?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indy
Level Contributor
172 posts
7 reviews
Rod Stewart or David Spade?

Weekend of Aug 26-29. If you had to pick one of these which would you choose and why? I realize one is comedy and one is music. These are both limited engagements so instead of a production show I thought why not see something with a limted run.

Rod Stewart at the Coliseum at Ceasar's

David Spade at the Venetian

"Go see Human Nature" is not a valid response since the schedule shows that show to be dark the second half of August.

Thanks!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
937 posts
32 reviews
1. Re: Rod Stewart or David Spade?

Ros Stewart in a heartbeat! I've never heard of the other guy!

Boston
Level Contributor
24,294 posts
100 reviews
2. Re: Rod Stewart or David Spade?

Rod Stewart by a mile, while older and not in his prime he still puts on a great show, but if your into comedy more then music than go with the small one. .

calleefoneeya
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
29 reviews
3. Re: Rod Stewart or David Spade?

Rod Stewart. But I mean really, do you want comedy or music? It's not an apples to apples comparison.

Virginia
Level Contributor
6,966 posts
27 reviews
4. Re: Rod Stewart or David Spade?

Easy choice - Rod Stewart.

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,582 posts
11 reviews
5. Re: Rod Stewart or David Spade?

I dunno. Trying to decide between Martha Stewart and Joan Rivers. Martha is so funny.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
120 posts
6. Re: Rod Stewart or David Spade?

Rod Stewart. For one reason, and one reason only. Maggie Mae. 'Nuff said.

San Fernando...
Level Contributor
909 posts
8 reviews
7. Re: Rod Stewart or David Spade?

Rod Freaking Stewart. Enormous talent, extensive catalog, and honestly, who knows how much longer he'll be performing at a high level?

Wilmington, Delaware
Level Contributor
1,741 posts
10 reviews
8. Re: Rod Stewart or David Spade?

Rod Stewart. :)

Vermont
Level Contributor
4,069 posts
1 review
9. Re: Rod Stewart or David Spade?

I'll bet that the answers that you get to this question will depend mostly on the generation of the person answering.

Rod Stewart has not had a hit for 20+ years. Plus, his recent album is packed with songs that were written 80 years ago. There is nothing wrong with that but it limits his appeal to an older demographic.

Spade is hot right now. He's current. Big on social media. His audience is just different than Rod's.

As an aside, if you are going to Rod Stewart to hear that one song of his that you love, you could easily leave broken hearted. Some of these guys are just tired of playing their greatest hits and want to play different stuff. Just something to consider.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
10,503 posts
40 reviews
10. Re: Rod Stewart or David Spade?

"Rod Stewart by a mile, while older and not in his prime he still puts on a great show,..."

I'm thinking about seeing Rod Stewart in September. What was your favorite part of RS's Las Vegas performance Diceman? Thank in advance.