We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Pastrami sandwich on the strip?

San Jose
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best Pastrami sandwich on the strip?

We're in Vegas soon and wanted to see which deli offers the best pastrami sandwich (on the Strip preferably). I've tried Carnegie when it first opened and the pastrami was really dry (hopefully it's better now). We've been to the one in NY and the pastrami was really tender and juicy.

Wondering if anything like an authentic NY deli exists on the strip??

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
3,478 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Pastrami sandwich on the strip?

Best one I had was at Canter's deli at the TI. Really juicy. The place is a lot less hectic than Carnegie and they make a good sandwich.

San Jose
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Pastrami sandwich on the strip?

I'll have to give that a try! Thanks!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
14,218 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Pastrami sandwich on the strip?

I havent been to Canter's but will try that one next. The Carnegie wasn't that great when I tried it (not even as good as the NYC version, which is middle of the road IMO).

Next time you're in NYC, skip the Carnegie and try the 2nd Avenue Deli, or better yet the High Temple of Pastrami, Katz's on Houston Street.

Boston...
Level Contributor
6,410 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Pastrami sandwich on the strip?

Greenberg's at NYNY is very good IMO. Out of the 3 Carnegie Deli's I've been to (NY, LV and Foxwoods) the Foxwoods location has never disappointed me but the other two have.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
3,559 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Pastrami sandwich on the strip?

I second Katz's on Houston Street for Pastrami when/if you are in New York!!! It is much better than Carnegie.

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Supai
Level Contributor
1,851 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Pastrami sandwich on the strip?

If you're looking for really good pastrami, I'm afraid that nothing on the Strip will satisfy. I thought Canter's was the best on the Strip -- but that's merely because the others I've tried have been disappointing. I agreewith Italianpriness that nothing on the Strip comes close to Katz's in New York (or Langer's, for you Los Angeles folks).

San Jose
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Pastrami sandwich on the strip?

I love that NY deli feel where they have the pickles on the table. I wonder why they have never brought a good NY style deli place to the Bay Area (where I live).......or maybe I just don't know about them......

Schertz, Texas
Level Contributor
1,190 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Pastrami sandwich on the strip?

Another vote for Greenberg's in the NYNY downstairs food court area. I didn't have the pastrami, but the Skyline sandwich with turkey, corned beef and brisket piled high, and the slaw is in the sandwich, too. I have limited experience in visiting delis but that was really good!!

Edited: 5:57 pm, June 14, 2011
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
25,959 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Pastrami sandwich on the strip?

"I second Katz's on Houston Street for Pastrami when/if you are in New York!!! It is much better than Carnegie."

Since I discovered it, I never let a trip to NYC pass without a stop at Katz's . The 1st time I ever went I specifically went for the Pastrami, but got side tracked along the way when the carver handed me a piece of rare roast beef and ended up ordering that. Well after a dozen or so trips to Katz's Ive still never had their Pastrami because I dont want to not have their rare roast beef. Ill be in NYC in Aug, maybe I order 2?

Not on the strip but I like Weiss's the best in the Las Vegas Valley for a NY style Deli.

Edited: 6:11 pm, June 14, 2011
Warwick, United...
Level Contributor
673 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Pastrami sandwich on the strip?

I'm a huge fan of Katz in NYC, but also thought Carnegie's Deli was very good!!