We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

.......Bell Trans Shuttle

nova scotia
Level Contributor
179 posts
1 review
Save Topic
.......Bell Trans Shuttle

I was reading some of these stories about the Taxi runaround and decided to pay 25 dollars up front for shuttle service for a return fare to the Excalibur in July. Then I found some information that makes it sound like I should have taken my chances with the cabs. LOL. What is the scoop on Bell Transfer ? Where do I make the connection at the airport ? What are the chances of that working out? Any tips or experiences would be of interest.........merci.

Sterling Heights...
Level Contributor
1,426 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: .......Bell Trans Shuttle

Bell Transportation is located at the Airport all the time, and runs frequently. They generally won't leave the airport until their shuttle is full. The scoop is that sometimes the shuttles run behind time due to pick up and drop off at other hotels. Sometimes they don't get to pick up the passenger on time and therefore you could miss your flight.

Marysville, Ohio
Level Contributor
176 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: .......Bell Trans Shuttle

I used them back on my 2008 trip. We bought ride when arrived at airport and we had to wait till our van filled up then went to each other. Luckily there were only 3 stops before us but it seemed to take forever. That was my first trip to vegas so I was able to see some of the resorts but I really just wanted to get to my hotel so has trade offs.

But they came the day we left after a minor miscommunication. We went outside to meet them and no one was there, we go back inside and call and operator says the bus is there, so we go back out and look all around and see one parked off to side (who would have known?) so much for the driver to come out and greet you. any whoo got back to airport in one piece and wasn't late for flight.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: .......Bell Trans Shuttle

Some have been lucky with the shuttles, but other have not.

You sometimes have to wait until enough people get on the shuttle before the shuttle will leave the airport. Then you may get a tour of the back of other hotels as others are dropped off before you. There have been reports from trusted posters that they have encountered problems getting back to the airport. Either the shuttle did not arrive on time or it did not arrive at all. They ended up taking another shuttle that happened to stop at the hotel or they ended up just taking a cab.

This does NOT happen to everyone- but you do take your chances.

A cab ride from the airport to the Excalibur will cost- depending on traffic- about $13/$14 for as many as five passengers. Going back to the airport should be a bit less.

A cab is more convenient (the line may seem long, but it moves quickly) and probably faster.

http://www.mccarran.com/03_shuttles_01.aspx

http://taxi.state.nv.us/FaresFees.htm

Hotlando, Fl
Level Contributor
9,198 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: .......Bell Trans Shuttle

I buy one way tickets. I learned the hard way with Bell my first trip to Vegas. They never showed up at the hotel on my return trip to the airport and when I called they weren't a bit concerned later learning that this is a common occurance. I like Grey Line myself but I stay downtown or off strip and they don't wait for the shuttles to fill, good service.

Gulf Shores, Alabama
Level Contributor
470 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: .......Bell Trans Shuttle

I agree with vp03 and vagasvarment........

Some lucky, some not so. I've used Grayline for 8 years and never a problem or a long ride to the hotel. Agree.....good service.

Grayline's policy is a 15 minute wait only from the time they pull up to the curb. This was told to me by the driver on my last visit.

Sorry, no experience with Bell Trans.

Omaha, Nebraska
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
8,383 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: .......Bell Trans Shuttle

I hate to tell you but that is not a good price. Grayline is $12 RT/pp.

I have done the shuttle twice--and I swore the first time I would never do it again! I WILL never do it again...I just cannot waste precious vacation time dropping off others to save so little. I only took the shuttle when I was traveling solo, so it is more cost effective. For more than one a cab is just as cheap.

London, United...
Level Contributor
576 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: .......Bell Trans Shuttle

$25 is too much. The shuttles are under 10 to strip hotels.

I've used most the companies, they've all been similar, sometimes I've been lucky and been the only drop off, sometimes I've been the final one of 6 or so stops.

I've taken the shuttle back to the airport once or twice but its always later than I'd like so I get a cab back now and never have problems other than sometimes it's a bit of a wait early morning downtown.

8. Re: .......Bell Trans Shuttle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, October 04, 2012