We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MLife Offer - Express Comps???

Cottage Grove...
Level Contributor
2,703 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
MLife Offer - Express Comps???

I just got an offer from the MGM Grand. At the bottom, this was what it said. Does anyone know what they mean when they say if you choose not to use your express comps... Are they saying you have to redeem your express comps to pay for some of this offer????

"Food & Beverage Credits may be restricted to certain outlets. While Express Comps are discretionary, this offer includes expected earning and redemption of your Express Comps. If you choose not to use your Express Comps, components of this offer may change based on your gaming activity. Back-to-back reservations at multiple properties are not permitted. Minimum play qualifications may be required for reservations at multiple properties. Complete details are available at the M life Players Club. "

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,549 reviews
from $399.99*
$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,006 reviews
from $142.99*
$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
385 reviews
from $499.99*
$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
565 reviews
from $369.99*
$479.00
Boston
Level Contributor
2,730 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: MLife Offer - Express Comps???

You need to say what the actual offer is.

Cottage Grove...
Level Contributor
2,703 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: MLife Offer - Express Comps???

3 nights in a suite, 300 free play, 200 food and beverage credit, show tickets.

Wilmington, Delaware
Level Contributor
1,741 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: MLife Offer - Express Comps???

Thats a great offer. :)

Maspeth NY
Level Contributor
925 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: MLife Offer - Express Comps???

good offer, i'm thinking you've been playing! this is usually what i get...but when i've been a good girl, i can get more...i'm a long time MGM player and my offers go up and down..

anyway, it is what it says - you have your suite for 3 nights

300 Freeplay - and i'm sure you know how that works.

200 food and beverage - you have to use that at only the MGM restaurants and bars. i'm sure you know the drill. charge it back to your room and they will cover 200. during our stay you can check our account on your TV to make sure they are being picked up.

now if you've been good as i said before, they will pick up additional food/bar charges, but you most definitely have $200 for food,, etc. no matter how much you gamble there and if you don't gamble there and use the comps, the next time they might not be as generous, but they will cover the charges up to what you were offered.

now as far as the express comps, you can charge food/bar/spa/salon charges to your room from other MGM props and before you checkout, go to the players club, even though i think they can do it right from the front desk, and have any additional charges taken care of with your express comps.

Cottage Grove...
Level Contributor
2,703 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: MLife Offer - Express Comps???

But I still don't know what this paragraph means. Is this a good paragrah, or a bad paragraph. What do they mean when they say if you choose not to use your express comps, your offer may change. Sorry, I don't mean to be stupid.

"While Express Comps are discretionary, this offer includes expected earning and redemption of your Express Comps. If you choose not to use your Express Comps, components of this offer may change based on your gaming activity."

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
27,030 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: MLife Offer - Express Comps???

Express comps are what you earn as you play. For example, I'm an extremely low roller, so one trip I had about $14 worth of EC's at the end, which I DID use towards my bill. Next trip I had maybe another $8 worth of EC's, which I again used towards my bill (again, VERY low roller).

Anyway, it sounds to me, that they expect you to gamble enough to earn hundreds of express comps, and USE them to pay down your bill. Reading those words, I don't know how it can mean anything else.

Why don't you call your host and ask? Mlife is a new program, and there are a lot of things we all aren't "supposed" to know automatically. Wouldn't you rather find out before rather than after?

LL: to answer your question, your $200 could be used towards a restaurant meal at an MGM property, whether you are staying there are not. There's some mechanism (and again I'm not sure what), where you redeem your points and get a voucher or whatever to bring to a restaurant...or even just give your card. Sort of like using your CET points to pay for a meal. I think they started this to compete head to head with this CET feature.

For both of you, there MIGHT be more info at www.mlife.com

Edited: 10:30 am, April 30, 2011
Boston
Level Contributor
2,730 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: MLife Offer - Express Comps???

They used the word "credit" in the offer, which implies an upfront comp, no strings attached. Then they attach a string - "components of this offer may change based on your gaming activity."

What I think that means is:

If you play up to the level they are expecting you to, you will have benefit of the full $200 credit, without any redemption of express comps. If you play appreciably below that level, and have food and beverage charges, at the end of your stay, they will redeem some express comps to cover whatever "difference" they calc between how much you played, and what that play was worth in no strings F & B comp $.

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
2,613 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: MLife Offer - Express Comps???

I just got off the phone with VIP services at Aria. I am staying there on the exact same offer as OP in June. My offer also has the same fine print regarding earning and using Express comps.

I asked about it and she said the $200 for F&B was mine to use and I could use any express comps for charges above that at check out, or not. My choice. I am not completely comfortable she knew what she was talking about and what Swearigen says makes more sense to me.

I have $188 left over from my last trip and she said those were mine to use at check out also and not related to this offer. I will most likely gamble under expectations this trip so I will report back the results. I think this MLife is totally confusing but it has worked out well me so far. Good luck everyone!

Maspeth NY
Level Contributor
925 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: MLife Offer - Express Comps???

uhhhh, that's me going out on a limb!!

now back on the subject. as reported before, long time MGM player, etc. and on a number of times i've used one hotel for sleeping, say the Wynn and then used the MGM props, say Mirage, for food/beverage/spa offers and did the old, leave a small bag, toothbrush, etc. in the room, so you don't get locked out by housekeeping thinking you have checked out and i did not gamble at the double booked hotel other than the free play.

not once did i ever have to pay for anything, hence my comment, those credits are yours to use, BUT the next time, the offer will be reduced or zilch. so if you don't care if you never get another offer from the MGM hotel, don't gamble there - if you do, give them some play. also, keep in mind, i'm a long time MGM player and they aren't deterred by my antics because they feel if they don't get me at one place, eventually they will at another!

enjoy the offer and stop fretting.

Maspeth NY
Level Contributor
925 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: MLife Offer - Express Comps???

LL - very interesting - i've played at CET (previously known as HET) props on the Jersey Shore for years and when in Vegas, if i needed a room for a couple of nights i would do Caesars and play there - but neither myself or my gambling buddy could ever get comps other than the room out west and we were diamonds. they would use our reward dollars to pick up the food, but we were never offered even LFB? we are still diamond but that is because we got fed up with the poor property conditions, bad service and reduction in comps in AC, so we flipped back to the borgata who always treats us right. for the many years i've played and stayed with HET at the shoreand there just never seemed to be any rhyme or reason to CET's comp system.