We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xmas LasVegas book now or later

Melbourne
Level Contributor
143 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Xmas LasVegas book now or later

Hi

My family will finally be returning to Las Vegas this year for Christmas - Dec 23 till 28 having not made it last year due to illness . Last year we were staying a little earlier - Dec 18 - 22 at Ballys and the rate was much lower than I can find now . Should we wait to book or have things gone up in price for this festive season. Any advice or recommendations - we will need 3 rooms and would love to stay mid strip ( hence Ballys )

Thanks for any help .

Special Offer
Grand Canyon All-American Helicopter...
6,706 Reviews
from $399.99*
$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,213 Reviews
from $139.99*
$224.90
Grand Canyon 4-in-1 Helicopter Tour
927 Reviews
from $598.99*
Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Xmas LasVegas book now or later

The best rates for December won't start appearing for another six months or so. If you're booking direct with a hotel however, no reason not to book now. If rates come down just call them and they'll adjust your reservation to the new lower rates. If you find something better elsewhere just cancel.

Edited: 4:20 am, March 28, 2011
Melbourne
Level Contributor
143 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Xmas LasVegas book now or later

Thankyou for your reply - very much appreciated . I was thinking I am too early to make a reservartion at the best price , but I thought maybe there would be an "early bird rate " or something like that as they do with cruises and the like . I guess we will wait although your advice is a good idea also.

It looks like the Caesars /Harrah group have a coordinated price anyway and there is not much else to get excited about with promotions yet ( ??)September seems a long way off and I guess I have started planning too early.. I have already booked our Grand Canyon Cabins for the 28th & 29th Dec as I was concerned that we would not get a reservation -- being the week between Xmas and New Year. ( ? ) . Maybe I need to go back to bed for a while . Thanks again

3. Re: Xmas LasVegas book now or later

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, October 28, 2012