We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bally's or Excaliber

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Colorado
Level Contributor
34 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Bally's or Excaliber

Hi...looks like Excaliber is offering a 'Super Bowl' package.

If you could get Bally's or Excaliber for the same price...same upgrade from standard to delux view in both, which would you do? 3 women. Personally I LIKE nicer rooms and marble baths. (but with super bowl and 45,000 shoe people in town for a Imelda convention...Venetian, Mandalay, Caesars Bellagio are all out of rooms and price range.

Thanks. Colorado Belle

OCNY
Level Contributor
2,075 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bally's or Excaliber

Bally's, hands-down. The inside access to Paris and its eateries alone is enough to tilt the decision Bally's way.

Incidently, the room I had at Bally's last summer DID have a nice marble bath (North Tower).

Spokane, WA
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bally's or Excaliber

Bally's no question about it. Bally's is terrific. It is right in the middle of the strip, it connects to paris, and Bellagio right across the street. The Flamingo and Margaritaville also across the street. Because it is connected directly to Paris you get twice the gaming and restaurants. Great place, huge rooms, nicely kept good eats. Have fun.

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
206 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bally's or Excaliber

Another vote for Bally's. Better location, nicer rooms. It's not first class, but it is a nice place...

annapolis, md
Level Contributor
377 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Bally's or Excaliber

Agreed. I've never stayed in either one but I cannot stand the kids just walking through the Excaliber.

California
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Bally's or Excaliber

B A L L Y ' S is the place

Tulsa, OK
Level Contributor
973 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bally's or Excaliber

No brainer. Excaliber = rug rats, Bally's = nothing fancy plain Jane adults.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bally's or Excaliber

I also give the edge to Bally's for the location and the large rooms, but to be honest. I stayed at Excalibur a couple of years ago and they have surprisingly nice rooms. You can't lose with either one, with one exception. Excalibur is overrun with strollers and Bally's has no kids for as far as the eye can see.

Virginia Beach, VA
Level Contributor
78 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bally's or Excaliber

Though I have not stayed at either... I have been to both... and just by looks alone I would say Ballys.... one of my friends stayed there last year and LOVED it (i stayed at Mandalay Bay THEHotel and Luxor). Excalibur has way too many kids running around and tends to smell weird. Plus, Bally's is mid strip so you're in the middle of everything! I love gambling at the Excalibur but would never stay there even though the rates are good.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bally's or Excaliber

Excalibur is better. its very nice there, i stayed in tower 2 and it was great. The rates are good and we upgraded to a suite for a small amount of money. About the kids, well it really depends on when u go, i went just after new years and there were no kids there what so ever. Its also a great location, monorail takes u to madalay bay and luxor. Across the road is mgm, where u can take a monorail for a small amount of money right up the strip to the sahara. I didnt find the theme too tacky at all.