We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to wear in March?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
79 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
What to wear in March?

Going to Vegas for the third time in March, 10th to 19th. Staying 4 nights at the Mirage and 5 nights at the Four Seasons. Can't wait getting very excited. We have been in July and August before and wore shorts in the daytime and dressed up a little more for the evening.

What does a woman wear in the day in March? I presume it might be like a late spring or early summers day in the UK, warmish? Not short weather? Cropped trousers and t-shirts in the day? My husband will be wearing shorts as he is always warm, wears them here all winter in the house when the heating is on!

Thanks for any input.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What to wear in March?

The temps during March can be all over the place and what it was like one year has nothing to do with what it is like any other year. For example- March 17, 2007- the high was 91. March 21, 2006- the high was only......51! The person who went in 2007 will tell you how hot it was while the person who went in 2006 will tell you how cool it was- both would be correct and neither one would be much of a help to you since you may experience an entirely different weather pattern. You are going to have to check a weather site just before leaving to see what the temps will be during your visit. You can hit a cool or a warm spell- it happens.

Average high during your time period- upper 60s/low 70s. But the highs can range from the 40s (yes, the 40s) to the 90s. If it is cloudy and/or windy (it can be windy in spring), it can feel much cooler than the temps would indicte. Average low for that period- mid to upper 40s, with a range from the 20s to the 60s.

From fall through spring, I know what to pack for Vegas- I usually don't bother looking at a forecast- clothes that can be layered. Tops with short/long sleeves, a sweater and a jacket. This way I will be prepared for any kind of weather without having to bring a lot of different kinds of clothing. If the forecast predicts warm weather- you can bring some shorts. In fact- if you are lucky, you may even be able to swim or at least sunbathe or use the Jacuzzi. Don't count in it, but bring your bathing suit if they predict warm weather.

Again- check that forecast just before leaving and...think layers!

Omaha, Nebraska
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
8,164 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to wear in March?

Plan on cropped pants, tee shirts, comfy shoes.

You might need jacket...

You might be able to do shorts & flip flops.

Plan for everything!

Colorado Springs...
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
4,232 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to wear in March?

Last year in mid-March I mostly wore jeans and tank tops. It was warm enough one day to sit by the pool in shorts, though.

scotland
Level Contributor
163 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to wear in March?

We were there last March 8 onwards for 8 nights, it was pretty cool and blustery and even rained one day, we sat by the pool just the one day. from memory it was high 50's - low 60's

We were in LV early November 2008 and sunbathed for 7 out of 8 days, when the temperature was low 70's. I hope you'll be lucky as I feel last March we were unlucky, that said we still enjoyed it and are going the first week of March this year.

You'll need to wear a jacket or cardigan at night, also remember it's getting dark around 5:30pm....

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
4,437 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to wear in March?

I was there last March and it was cold and I remembered it did rain a little,

I amgoing late march and I am bringing jeans, tshirts, a jacket and maybe 1 pair of shorts and a swim suit for the spa. I was there last memorial day and it was not hot at all. I tend to be cold alot.

The memorial wknd the year before last it rained both days, not pool weather at all.

Kitchener, Canada
Level Contributor
1,591 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to wear in March?

We went in February. It was great during the day, but really really chilly at night (in my opinion) I only brought one sweater (which was for the plane, becuase we were coming from Toronto's snow!) but I ended up wearing it all week, and buying an extra one while I was there. No rain. But WIND! Bring a sweater, or 2.

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
79 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What to wear in March?

Thanks to all for your help, I have a bit more of an idea what to take. As usual I will over pack and have little room in my case for things I buy. Will just have to make sure my husband packs light!

Wilmington, Delaware
Level Contributor
1,741 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What to wear in March?

I am glad you asked i am going late march myself and i have been thinking just bringing jeans and short sleeved tops and a sweater or 2 and maybe get a new sweatshirt or 2 while i am there ;)

9. Re: What to wear in March?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, February 21, 2012