We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vegas weather early April

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wales, U.K
Level Contributor
95 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Vegas weather early April

hi

me and my fiancee are going to san francisco in april and then flying into vegas for a week, getting married in vegas whilst there. i have to vegas twice in July and September but never in April.

i have checked the average temps but was wondering is it cold or warm? is it pool weather? is it cold in the evenings?

coming from Wales in the UK, we are used to being hammered by rain for large parts of the year, so anything that remotely looks like a large ball of fire up in the sky normally means get the shorts out !!

any past experiences would help

thank you

NY
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Vegas weather early April

I went last year in late march, early april and the day time temps were around 70-80 with the high being around 85. For the most part, it was around mid 70's to low 80's and it did get cool at night, we froze our butts off when we went to Fremont St at night. Overall, it was nice and we were comfortable in shorts or capris, but bring a jacket just to make sure. As far as pool weather, I would say it was too cool for that, but maybe for you it would be okay.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
1,836 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vegas weather early April

The weather can vary so much! I got married in Vegas during the month of April, and although we went to the pool, we also needed jackets. Plus, it was windy the year we got married! You will have to come prepared for warm or cold weather!!!! Obviously, the days will be warmer, but it might get quite chilly at night.

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,332 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vegas weather early April

right before you leave, check the weather since the weather has been so strange. Usually in April, it starts to get warm and can be pool weather. Maybe not in the water, but at the pool. I would bring a jacket for the nights. Who knows, since lately the weather has been strange.

Wales, U.K
Level Contributor
95 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vegas weather early April

thank you for your replies. as long as its sunny and quite warm in the day then thatl be fine by me.

thanks guys

England
Level Contributor
195 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vegas weather early April

We were there end first week in April last year. All days were warm and we didn't wear jackets or anything. A few of the days were especially hot and hubby was sunburnt. One day, we woke up and there had been some rain overnight, but it was still nice and warm for us...

I'm sure you'll be mostly happy in shorts and t-shirts, but do pack some longer trousers and light sweaters etc as it really can vary year on year.

Crossing my fingers for superb weather, as we arrive last week in March.... :)

Llanelli, United...
Level Contributor
173 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vegas weather early April

Hope the wedding goes ok.... but where's the invite for all the Valley people who will be in Vegas the same time ??!! lol

Wales, U.K
Level Contributor
95 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vegas weather early April

ha ha ha, nice. well sorry to disappoint but its a low key wedding. :-)

thanks once more for your feedback, sounds a bit promising if its nice and warm in the day, not so bothered if its cold at night, just wanna be able to wear some shorts.

we went in june/july in 2009 and ive never known heat like it. its was crazy. so i think april will be fine for us.

8. Re: Vegas weather early April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 am, February 02, 2012