We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you ask to view rooms?

England
Level Contributor
1,506 posts
Save Topic
Can you ask to view rooms?

Just curious to know if you ask at reception to view a type of room will they get someone to show you around one?

Few places Ive still not been and wouldnt mind having a look when Im back in vegas in a few weeks time.

Sorry if its a silly question :)

Cheers

Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
18,515 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you ask to view rooms?

It is NOT a silly question, and I have done that before..just did a couple weeks ago at a hotel here in Kansas :)

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
42,682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you ask to view rooms?

If you are interested both Wynn and Bellagio offer room tours weekdays leaving from their concierge desks. The last time I heard they were both at 2pm. I took both when I was looking for suites a copule of years ago, and both took around 20 minutes.

Canada
Level Contributor
3,440 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you ask to view rooms?

Ktinca...just curious, which suite did you prefer?

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
42,682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can you ask to view rooms?

Darmom: At the time I was considering bringing our whole family to Las Vegas, including grandkids, to witness us renew our vows. So I was looking for a suite for my wife & I, but also one where much of the group could congregate. Which meant just one bedroom but a large central area with nice ameneties.

The Mirage Hospitality Suite was a good size but needed renovation. I probably would have chosen the Wynn Salone Suite or if that was not available (or too outrageously priced) the Bellagio Penthouse Suite. It ended up that we did not bring family so it was just the two of us, so I chose a 1BR Skyloft.

If I had to make the same choice today, I'm a little better informed and there are more options, so it would be different. I would choose either the Wrap Around Terrace Suite at Cosmpolitan or the 2BR Skyloft, so the kids would have the game room with pool table.

But for just my wife and I, our favorite suites are the Wynn Parlor Suite or the 1BR Skyloft.

UKtraveller: Sorry to divert your thread.

Edited: 11:28 am, October 29, 2010
Kitchener Ontario...
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can you ask to view rooms?

Just ask at the check in counter. State that you are interested in their property and most will be glad to help. I have done it a few times. Even bounced on one of the beds and the lady just giggled.

Canada
Level Contributor
3,440 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Can you ask to view rooms?

Yes, sorry UKtraveller!

Thanks for your thoughts and info on the different suites Ktinca...I appreciate it! :)

Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
18,515 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can you ask to view rooms?

And I did just happen to think...if I do ask to see a room, I make sure it is not during their busiest work hours (check-out and check-in)

Burbank
Level Contributor
4,519 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Can you ask to view rooms?

This is a free country - you can ask anything you want!

Boston...
Level Contributor
6,410 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can you ask to view rooms?

A friend of mine who runs group tours all over the world asked at the Nugget and was flat out refused. He was not happy. They acted like it was the most ridiculous thing they ever heard and scoffed at him.

Los Gatos...
Level Contributor
24,950 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Can you ask to view rooms?

I think it was Breeze who asked to see rooms at Trop recently, and they never really helped him.

I agree with the logic to pick a slower time of day or night to ask for this.

Edited: 12:33 pm, October 29, 2010