We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tips for Mirage?

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Topic
Tips for Mirage?

We did a random hotel switch from Paris to Mirage. I had done a lot of Paris research, but I have only been in the Mirage once. The Secret Garden looks awesome; I can't wait to stay there! Anyway, any helpful Mirage tips would be appreciated!

Stony Plain, Canada
Level Contributor
1,339 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tips for Mirage?

They make delicious pina coladas there.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
922 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tips for Mirage?

The air conditioning will make your food cold so eat fast!

Gardendale, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tips for Mirage?

If you are going during pool season, get chairs early!

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,269 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tips for Mirage?

Hit Happy Hour at BB Kings! Half price drinks and apps from noon to 6.

If you go to the Secret Garden, try to go around 3 or 4 pm. That is almost feeding time and the animals will be their most active.

The new Blizz yogurt place is good for a quick snack.

When you get to your room, there will be a list of spa and salon specials available to guests only. These can be great bargains so check them out if interested.

Have fun, it is my favorite hotel!

Boston
Level Contributor
24,555 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tips for Mirage?

Eat at Kokomos

Try Carnegie Deli for lunch

At check in ask for a complimentary up-grade to a tower Deluxe room

Go to BB Kings at night

If you have not seen a show, do see Love

Stay away from Samba Brazilian-style barbecue, so,so food.

Have coffee and a snack at the Roasted Bean

…photobucket.com/albums/vv323/TheDiceman7/…

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Tips for Mirage?

These are awesome tips, thanks so much!

Canada
Level Contributor
2,421 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tips for Mirage?

Spend time at Rumbar - spectacular mojitos!

Don't hesitate to rent a car at the airport - valet parking is amazingly efficient.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,147 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tips for Mirage?

Its easy to smuggle your own booze into the pool, they don't check anyone's pool bags. In fact the pool attendants don't really seem to care about anything.

San Antonio, Tx
Level Contributor
1,421 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tips for Mirage?

If you've booked the regular deluxe room, ask about an upgrade to a Tower Deluxe room. I've had good luck getting the upgrade just by asking. The regular rooms at The Mirage have a tiny bathroom with a combined tub and shower and a single bowl sink. When you open the bathrrom door, it barely clears the toilet. The Tower Deluxe rooms are the same size overall, but they expanded the bathroom and took up more of what is basically a hallway. The Tower Deluxe rooms have a separate tub and shower and a doulbe bowl sink. In addition, these rooms are all on the 24th and 25th floors with separate elevator service for those two floors. There's a limit as to how much I would pay for this upgrade, but I've had good luck getting it for free.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,269 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tips for Mirage?

I got the free upgrade that Mike mentions above. Didn't even ask, was just joking around with the check in girl and she upgraded me. The bigger bathroom is nice and the tub is jetted which is kind of cool.