We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dual hotels for Vegas trip

detroit
Level Contributor
13 posts
Save Topic
dual hotels for Vegas trip

We have found a deal where we can stay two nights at Monte Carlo and two at the Rio for an unbelievable price-has anyone ever done several hotels in one trip? Is it better to have the best one first or last? My boyfriend has always wanted to stay at the Rio, and I have always loved the Monte Carlo but have never stayed there-sounds great! I can't decide which will be the "better" of the two. We have stayed at TI, MGM Grand, Luxor, Plaza, Imperial Palace and Stardust twice and have had great experiences at all.

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,549 reviews
from $399.99*
$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,006 reviews
from $142.99*
$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
385 reviews
from $499.99*
$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
565 reviews
from $369.99*
$479.00
Indianapolis
Level Contributor
424 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dual hotels for Vegas trip

Never have done something like that...How good is the deal?

annapolis, md
Level Contributor
377 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: dual hotels for Vegas trip

I've done the Rio and the Golden Nugget in the same trip. We did the Rio first and then went downtown... what a disappointment downtown was after being close to the strip.

We're going to do 2 hotels this trip... probably Mirage and NYNY... never have stayed at either.

I didn't like how the Rio was so isolated... there is a pretty cool window next to the shower where you can see out into the bedroom. It's not too big (about 1.5' X 1.5') but your boyfriend will be able to watch you in the shower.

You can get the Rio on Priceline... it's the only one West of Strip. If you bid for 'West of Strip' and your bid is acccpeted, it's for the Rio. Bid 50% of of what it's going for... if your bid is denied, wait 3 days and bid again.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
589 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dual hotels for Vegas trip

Last trip we did 2 nights Golden Nugget, 4nights TI. It was the first time we changed hotels mid trip, and it was fun for us. We had been so many time before, it was nice to mix it up.

I'd reccommend staying on the strip during the second half of your stay. You can spend your Rio days center strip, and your MC days at that end.

detroit
Level Contributor
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: dual hotels for Vegas trip

Three nights at $59 and one at $119. With airfare and hotel, it was cheaper than 4 nights at the Stratosphere or Flamingo Hilton as a package airfare/hotel deal. Sometimes we find better packages, but you have to check both ways-sometimes a la carte is much cheaper!

OCNY
Level Contributor
2,075 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: dual hotels for Vegas trip

I've done two hotels in one trip and enjoyed it. Mirage mid-week then down to the Nugget on the weekend. Had a great time at both places. Two entirely different scenes.

OCNY
Level Contributor
2,075 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: dual hotels for Vegas trip

Torgo-- are you sure about that Priceline/Rio strategy?

Sounds like a great idea, but don't you risk getting one of the other west-siders like Orleans, Gold Coast, or Palace Station?

annapolis, md
Level Contributor
377 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: dual hotels for Vegas trip

I am 100% positive but let me rephrase: it is the ONLY 4* hotel West of Strip... if you only bid for a 4* west of strip, you will get it.

Biddingfortravel will tell you the strategies. If you're looking for a 5* Venetian/Bellagio, you can bid up to 7 times the same day just by adding zones. Read the hotel FAQs on their main page. If your bid is accepted, you will get the Venetian or Bellagio.

…ezboard.com/…

dallas
Level Contributor
2,206 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: dual hotels for Vegas trip

when your at the rio check out the voodoo lounge it opens up at 6, one of best views of strip,

free before 9pm

note. there is dress code and they check ,

Kennewick...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
4,003 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: dual hotels for Vegas trip

I have always stopped short of going ahead with Priceline because I didn't like the idea of having no control over where I stay. I like what you are saying about choosing either 4* West Strip or 5* strip and trying to get Rio or Venetian or Bellagio. Let me ask this, if you make the bid, is there any way out of the reservation if you don't like what they give you?

annapolis, md
Level Contributor
377 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: dual hotels for Vegas trip

No, there is no way to get out of it unless Priceline themselves screwed up (like giving you a 3* when you never asked for it). It's a gamble-- for example, I won't bid on a 4* on the strip because I have 0% desire to get Bally's or the Westin.