We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Encore Tower Suite Vs. Encore Resort Suite

Toronto
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Encore Tower Suite Vs. Encore Resort Suite

Hi Everyone...

We recently stayed at the Encore Tower Suites, after previously staying in a resort suite, and would like to offer a comparisson of the 2. Prior to staying, we spent a lot of time looking at the differences and wondering if the premium is worth it. Hopefully the notes below will help someone who is deciding whether or not the upgrade to tower suites is worth it.

The advantages of the tower suites are basically this – A separate check in area including separate concierge, turndown service, complimentary bottled water, a separate pool, short hallways and fantastic service. Whether it’s worth it or not will depend if you value those things and the price you put on them. The separate check in is nice for when you’re checking in and also when returning to the hotel as the separate tower suites entrance from the strip is very close to the elevators. Turndown service isn’t really a big deal, you get a cute note, chocolates, your bed made up and towel’s replaced if needed. The bottled water is convenient, but I don’t get the deal with those mini bottles at the pool… normal size bottles would have been preferred. The separate pool definitely has multiple advantages over the regular pools, which some will prefer, however it is quite a hike and also a much quieter atmosphere. The short hallways, while i wasn’t expecting them to be a big deal, were definitely awesome. The walk to the room was literally 2 seconds, and while it’s not THAT big of a deal to walk 45 seconds or a minute to your room, you definitely appreciate the short distance. The service at tower suites really was as great as people make it out to be and people are usually willing to pay the premium just for that; however when you think about it…how often do you really interact with the employees … once a day? Twice a day?

Ultimately, if the tower suites were the same price as the resort suites, no doubt tower suites would be the choice. But since there not, it really depends whether the things I noted above are worth it to you and how much you value them. Personally, while they were nice I don’t know if I would pay $50 a night for them. For $20, I would consider them, but that’s just me… it really depends on your tastes.

If you would like to read the whole review of our stay, it can be found at:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g45963-d1123…

Thanks!

Leven, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Encore Tower Suite Vs. Encore Resort Suite

Thanks for this. Did you book in advance or upgrade at check-in?

I didn't know there was a seperate pool. Where is the pool and how busy is it? Does it have a lot of shade?

Sorry about all the questions heading to the Encore soon

Toronto
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Encore Tower Suite Vs. Encore Resort Suite

We booked it in advance.

The pool is located in the Wynn Tower Suites which is about 8 minute walk from the Encore Tower Suites. It's the furthest pool from the Encore Tower Suites.

It was never to busy or crowded (even on the weekend) and was always much quitter than the other pools. It was also the only pool we saw kids(under 8 years old) at. The pool area is composed of 2 separate pools connected by a bridge. The further pool gets a lot of shade and if you choose the right seat you can be in the shade almost the whole day. Also,if you request they were setting up umbrellas over any loungers so really, if you wanted, you can get shade anywhere. They were however closing the umbrellas if it got to windy.

San Fernando...
Level Contributor
917 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Encore Tower Suite Vs. Encore Resort Suite

Nice summary, MrandMrsS_09.

Arizona
Level Contributor
467 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Encore Tower Suite Vs. Encore Resort Suite

Your Encore Tower Suites summary is spot on. During our stay last year, I decided to upgrade upon check-in and besides all the things you mentioned, I really love the decor of the room. Very nice experience. One day, I hope to experience the Mandarin Oriental.

Huntington Beach...
Level Contributor
39 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Encore Tower Suite Vs. Encore Resort Suite

do you think its possilbe for 5 people to sleep in a tower suite..is there a couch big enough?

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,888 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Encore Tower Suite Vs. Encore Resort Suite

I really can't understand why they made the rooms exactly the same on both sides. I'm usually more impressed with an upgrade in the room than I am with an upgrade in the service, because we're pretty low maintenance.

I appreciate your comparison.

Toronto
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Encore Tower Suite Vs. Encore Resort Suite

The Tower Suite is the same size as the regular suite. I did find the strip facing rooms were a tiny bit bigger then non strip facing.

I don't think 5 people would be able to comfortably sleep there. There is a couch in the room, which 1 person could sleep on, then you have the bed, which 2 more people can sleep on and then you can also ask for a rollaway (extra cost I believe) where another person can sleep. It may however be a little cramped with 4 people in the room.

Malibu
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Encore Tower Suite Vs. Encore Resort Suite

I appreciated your perspective. And iiskkb, 5 people in a TS with one bathroom?

I don't think Encore even allows it. Get two rooms elsewhere if you can't afford 2 @ Encore.

Edited: 12:56 pm, January 21, 2011
Tarrytown, New York
Level Contributor
1,756 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Encore Tower Suite Vs. Encore Resort Suite

Thanks for letting us know. Was debating a stay in the future for this room, but if they size is exactly the same doesn't really pay to upgrade for me personally.

Edited: 2:28 pm, January 21, 2011
California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
42,730 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Encore Tower Suite Vs. Encore Resort Suite

Thank You. I think you summed it up very well. To us it is not worth the extra money, but to others it is. Persoanlly I agree with WW, that they should have made the rooms slightly different. So we will only stay in the Tower section if we stay in a real suite.

iismkb: Why don't you just get two rooms or a larger suite at another lower priced hotel? If budget is the problem, you will find that you will not be happy with the pricing of all ameneties or dining at Wynn/Encore, and so will probably not enjoy the experience. Maybe you should choose a hotel that would be better suited for your needs.