We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

advise wanted please, on where to stay etc..........

brit living in Spain
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
advise wanted please, on where to stay etc..........

Hi,

we are coming to Vegas in June to get married, (the little white wedding chapel) i think about 30 friends and family will be joining us, (though I dont mind if they stay in different hotels!!!! ; ))

so im looking for a great hotel for me, my hubby to be, my 12 year old daughter, and his 17 year old daughter.

must have good food, nice rooms, and not to many kids running around, (sounds mad when we are bringing 2 with us)

price is not a problem.

we will stay about a week, then do the grand canyon, SF, Universal etc... recommendations welcomed. hoping to be over there 3 weeks

must do a rodeo, (horse mad girls) and visit a good tack shop (horse stuff again)

Blue Springs...
Level Contributor
540 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: advise wanted please, on where to stay etc..........

try the Luxor hotel beautiful and the kids can find somethig to do there also.

Garnet Valley...
Level Contributor
695 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: advise wanted please, on where to stay etc..........

freckles,

Since you will have kids with you and you say price is not an issue...and you are coming in June (hot weather...swimming weather), I would recommend a place with a superior pool and centrally located. If you are renting a car, then the central location is not as important.

The top pool area is Caesar's IMO. Its also smack in the center of the strip. When I stayed there we did see some kids, but not an overwhelming amount. It has fabulous restaurants onsite as well as a great food court for the kids. That would be my top choice.

Others to consider are Mandalay Bay or Hard Rock (only if you will have a car, as its locations are not ideal), Mirage, Monte Carlo, Flamingo. Mirage and Flamingo have equally good locations. I have never stayed at Bellagio, but its also well located and I can not imagine their pool is anything short of wonderful. It also has the most restrictive "kids policy" from what I have read on these boards recently.

Best of luck!

Eric

Hampton, New...
Level Contributor
495 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: advise wanted please, on where to stay etc..........

A few years back, we got married, and brought our kids along. They were 17, 11, and 10 at the time, and we also went to the LIttle White Chapel.

We stayed at the Flamingo, and we all loved it. The pool is fantastic, and the hotel is in the best location. You can find better hotels, but the Flamingo worked out very well for all of us. The food is fine there, but it's also close to a million places to eat. Just a thought, since we did the same, and had a blast.

brit living in Spain
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: advise wanted please, on where to stay etc..........

thanks i shall look into these, must get it booked soon, we have just moved to Spain (from the uk) so life has been a bit hectic

very excited xx Jen

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
170 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: advise wanted please, on where to stay etc..........

Freckles, I highly recommend the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. Beautiful hotel, great restaurants, and the pool area is like a water park, complete with wave pool and lazy river where you can float on a tube 'til your hearts' content. The girls would love it (and you and your groom, too!)

Congratulations and have a great time!