We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cab or shuttle to Venetian from airport?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
38 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Cab or shuttle to Venetian from airport?

Arriving in Las Vegas this Saturday at 7pm, which strikes me as a popular time for cabs. Would I be better off in a shuttle? I have not prebooked one (as others in my party have), is this necessary? I guess I'd call Venetian directly to do this? And also heard cab fare is 2x shuttles, plus $3 just because you're leaving the airport?

Return trip is Tuesday morning very early, likely 5am. Probably will choose cab at that point just for expediency.

Thanks for the input!

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
5,801 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cab or shuttle to Venetian from airport?

Cab or shuttle is really your decision. You can prebook but that's not really a necessity. Check out the various links on the McCarran airport ground transportation page for your options. http://www.mccarran.com/03_index.asp Enjoy Vegas and the Venetian. Have stayed there and loved it. Be sure to check out the Grand Canal Shoppes and the Streetscape.

2. Re: Cab or shuttle to Venetian from airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:43 am, April 15, 2010
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
4,919 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Cab or shuttle to Venetian from airport?

Agree. There is no need to prebook a shuttle if that is the way you decide to go. Just step outside to the ground transportation and you will have lots of options, including town cars and limos, should you desire that.

Lex, KY
Level Contributor
432 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cab or shuttle to Venetian from airport?

Cab. Shuttle is cramped and you never know how many stops you will have to make before you get to your hotel. Plus, it's not any cheaper unless there is only one person. Live a little.

BURLINGTON ONT
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cab or shuttle to Venetian from airport?

Grazie runs there own from Executive it is 6 sollars going back there is always a ODS shuttle waiting to go direct 7000 rooms gets service

Vermont
Level Contributor
4,069 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Cab or shuttle to Venetian from airport?

Take a cab -- especially if you are traveling with one or more people.

The cab lines at the airport move very quickly.

The cab fare to the Venetian won't cost a lot.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cab or shuttle to Venetian from airport?

I recommend a cab- just for the conveninece. The cab line might seem long, but it moves quickly.

Arizona
Level Contributor
4,259 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cab or shuttle to Venetian from airport?

I would be concerned with the arrival time. 7pm on a Saturday with multiple hotel stops could make for a very long shuttle ride.

Boston...
Level Contributor
6,818 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cab or shuttle to Venetian from airport?

You mentioned you're staying at The Venetian, so i thought I would add this tip. The Venetian is notorious for trying to sell you their limo transportation. They always say "at the time you're arriving, you might wait two hours for a cab". It's total crap. I've arrived at peak times, and I've never waited more then maybe ten minutes in a cab line. And the vast majority of the time, there is hardly any wait.

Shuttles are a no-go for me unless I know that it is leaving right away, and heading straight to my hotel. My time is too valuable.

If there are more than two people, consider a limo (presidential is great). No hassles, no worries, no wait.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,913 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cab or shuttle to Venetian from airport?

Hop in a taxi. Shrek61 makes a very good point about the arrival time. 7:00 p.m. on a Saturday means a shuttle will have to fight traffic in and out of various properties as people are headed out to dinner and shows.

I've had two experiences with long lines for a taxi. Almost an hour. Both times were late at night when arriving on a holiday weekend.