We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Studio 54

chatham, england
13 posts
Save Topic
Studio 54

Hi, what is the dress code for this club? London clubs are pretty casual, i have the impression that this place is full of suites and silk shirts.

Minnapolis, MN
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Studio 54

markyg, We dressed up when we went and so was everyone else. Not like super dressing, but my girlfriend and I wore hot 'trendy' dresses and the guys wore dress pants and button down shirts.

Depending when you are going I hope you have VIP, people wait in line for hours before it even opens and then hours more waiting. Plus, there is no real seating if you want to take a break and basically you wait in line more at the bar to get a drink.

Just call the club, I spoke to Justine, a VIP host...super nice. It was $300 for 4 people, we got in with no cover, didn't have to wait in line, had our own little private area with other VIPers and a bottle of booze with all the fixens.

I'll put it to you this way. We ran into another group of friends in Vegas that night and said they were going to 54 around the same time we were. We went around midnight and left at like 4. When we were leaving they were hanging out on the dance floor and had just got in to the club a little earlier, they waited in line for like 4 hours!!

Lidee

NYC
Level Contributor
271 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Studio 54

I went on a friday night. Arrived around 12. Waited on line for 20 minutes. It was a group of 4 guys 6 girls, but i dont think it made a difference. We certainly werent given any priority treatment or anything. This was back in July.

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
74 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Studio 54

54 will let you in right away if the women in your party outnumber the men. Be prepared; everything is expensive, and you'll wait in line forever.

Sacramento, Ca
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Studio 54

A REALLY fun club. Lots of acrobatics take place above on wires and up and down the walls...yes, I said up and down the walls! Tastfully dressed go-go girls dancing non-stop all night. The music starts from a 70's - 80's genre, then around 11pm turns into house music. The dress is semi casual and I think decent jeans are allowed. I'd go with that VIP thing. You'll want somewhere to sit down on a crowded Saturday night, plus withthe inclusion of the booze, it's worth it. Lot's of dark spots in the club for make out sessions if your so inclined and several bars with couches. A good stop.