We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to eat Downtown with kids?

qld
Level Contributor
101 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where to eat Downtown with kids?

We are large family group of 13 adults and 3 children going to see Freemont street and want to somewhere with decent meals to have dinner.Any suggestions?

Special Offer
Grand Canyon All-American Helicopter...
6,707 Reviews
from $399.99*
$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,217 Reviews
from $139.99*
$224.90
Grand Canyon 4-in-1 Helicopter Tour
927 Reviews
from $598.99*
Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to eat Downtown with kids?

No Downtown restaurant that I'm aware of is particularly family friendly. Other than the light show there's nothing of any interest there for kids and that only takes up around ten minutes of each hour. I would have dinner elsewhere and then head to Fremont Street to check out the show if you really feel you must take kids there.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,038 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to eat Downtown with kids?

Hennessey's would be a good choice. It's a nice Irish Pub and has great food.

Cornwall, New York
Level Contributor
7,532 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to eat Downtown with kids?

I know this is going to sound so condesending..but what do you consider "decent" There are buffets, Cafe's, steak houses, italian, chinese, sushi, tapas. There are also pizza shops. Lots of different choices which also include McDonalds' and Subway.

It also depends on what your price range is..$20.00 or less per person or $50. and are the children "picky" eaters?

There are many resturants down town that many people do not even know where they are. Many are quite good at an excellant price and value.

Marge

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
8,557 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to eat Downtown with kids?

Chuck E. Cheese

Sartell, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,427 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to eat Downtown with kids?

I always stay downtown and have seen children in many restaurants/buffets. There are many great places to eat downtown, but it would be easier to answer your question if we knew what type of meal you are looking for...casual, or more upscale, cocktails for the adults or not?

Depending on the ages of the children... there are fun things to see on Fremont Street besides the light show. The spray paint artist, the sax player, shopping on the mall (many childrens items).

Boston
Level Contributor
24,681 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to eat Downtown with kids?

I agree 100% with Blagger as far as not much for the children downtown, as far as decent restaurants there are few, Hugos at the 4 Queens and Vic and Anthonys at the Golden Nugget among a few others..

Buffalo NY
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to eat Downtown with kids?

Tony Romo's ribs is great for what you are looking for. Dont let the negative nelly's about downtown get you down. Your family will love it!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
15,697 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to eat Downtown with kids?

Large group including kids make me think Buffet. IMO the buffet at Main Street Station is the best Downtown buffet.

Either that, or the deep fried Twinkies at Mermaids would be my suggestions :)

Except for the Golden Nugget the downtown hotels aren't touristy, so if you're touring with kids in tow once you walk up and down the 4 blocks of Fremont Street under the canopy and see the light show (which is fantastic, by the way), you're pretty much done.

Have a great trip!

San Diego
Level Contributor
5,206 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to eat Downtown with kids?

777 Brewpub at Main Street Station.

Nice place, good food and good prices.

Adults can drink.

Missouri
Level Contributor
5,980 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to eat Downtown with kids?

Lets talk price range....

At Magnolias Veranda at the Four Queens, or.. at Cafe Cortez at the El Cortez, or at Bay City Diner at the Golden Gate, you should be able to eat for $10 per person, or less, minus drinks (non alcoholic). Californias Market Street Cafe also should fit in this price range.

For under $20 per person, you should be able to eat, minus drinks, at Golden Nuggets Carson Cafe, the buffets (and these include the drinks) at Main Street Station, and Fremonts Paradise Buffet.. for $16 per person, or less. Tony Roma's at Fremont would probably fit in this range, but might go a little higher. As mentioned, Hennessey's would also probably fit in this range, or Mickie Finnz, right next door... both are in the $10 to $20 range. Hennessey's offers a 2-4-1 burger deal on Tuesdays that would keep your price range under the $10 limit...

For the $20-40 range, you should consider Tapas at Firefly, in the Plaza, or Pasta Pirate or Redwood Grille at the California, or Grotto at the Golden Nugget.

And for the more upscale.. $40 and up... Vic & Anthonys at Golden Nugget, Hugo's at 4 Queens, Ranch Steakhouse at Binions, or the Flame Restaurant at El Cortez... to name a few.

Hope this helps

sheila