We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Bar at the Golden Gate

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
18 reviews
One Bar at the Golden Gate

I am a fan of the Golden Gate on Facebook, and they just posted pictures of their new bar outside. It is called One Bar. It is hard to tell, but it looks like about a dozen different slushies! These are the flavors I could read from the pictures: mojito, blue lagoon, banana, orange cream, pomegranite orange, and hurricane. I couldn't see all the flavors. I can't wait to go in May!!!

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
18 reviews
1. Re: One Bar at the Golden Gate

I just looked at the pictures again and these are the prices for what I could see:

Frozen Drinks:

Small $7

Medium $12

Large $18

Turbo $35

Domestic Beer:

Small $5

Medium $8

Large $12

Boston...
Level Contributor
92 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: One Bar at the Golden Gate

Thanks for the info, sounds like fun!! We are going next month and will check it out.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,348 posts
21 reviews
3. Re: One Bar at the Golden Gate

Where did you find the pictures? I just looked at their website and didn't see any.

Arizona
Level Contributor
4,259 posts
15 reviews
4. Re: One Bar at the Golden Gate

I think it is their Facebook site that they are talking about

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
41,363 posts
11 reviews
5. Re: One Bar at the Golden Gate

They had an "artists's rendering " of it posted in July when we were there and they were just setting up for construction- and that drawing showed barmaids in very skimpy corset like attire. That would seem to go along with their attempt at a sexier image - they have a few "dancers" gyrating on platforms above the blackjack tables and some of the dealers now wear skimpy costumes.

I can't say the ladies I saw dancing and dealing were very much to look at and they seemed very robot like and bored in their dancing routines- so it will be intersting to see what the barmaids turn out to be...Binions has a few blackjack dealers near the front door in provocative costumes too who seem a bit better endowed and more outgoing than the ladies at GG.

Hotlando, Fl
Level Contributor
9,251 posts
27 reviews
6. Re: One Bar at the Golden Gate

The bar outside is a great idea but the girls dancing over the bj tables is really cheezy. I think they're down grading themselves by doing this same with Binions. As far as I could see, these girls were not enjoying themselves and no one was paying much attention.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
784 posts
45 reviews
7. Re: One Bar at the Golden Gate

Hey,

Thanks for the info. DH & I will be contributing to the downtown coffers for once in our upcoming trip. Nice to know there is a new slushy venue there. I think it was Mermaids that I bought a mudslide from once and it was undrinkable. It really did taste like mud. Imagine the horror for this Canadian girl having to throw away alcohol :0

I learned my lesson and now ask for a sample first.

Only problem with the new One Bar is decisions, decisions! I wonder if you can mix them up like you do at 7-11?

Acton, Canada
Level Contributor
11,584 posts
29 reviews
8. Re: One Bar at the Golden Gate

Oh cool! Thanks for listing the prices I'll be there a week from Saturday! I can't wait!

9. Re: One Bar at the Golden Gate

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, March 24, 2010