We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where do I buy Southwest Airlines drink vouchers?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
238 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Where do I buy Southwest Airlines drink vouchers?

I googled it, tried SWA website, and ebay but I cannot find any or info on how/where to buy them. Do I buy them at the SWA desk at the airport? Thanks for any info you may have!

sacramento ca
Level Contributor
679 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Where do I buy Southwest Airlines drink vouchers?

i didn't think you could buy them. i thought you only "earned" them through rapid rewards

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,881 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where do I buy Southwest Airlines drink vouchers?

Southwest gives them away, but doesn't sell them. You get a few everytime you earn a free ticket under the Rapid Rewards program.

They are for sale on ebay and probably Craigslist.

Here is a site on another board where LV coupons are traded, I'm sure you can find some there: openvegas.com/vegas/forums/forumdisplay.php…

Watch Hill, Rhode...
Level Contributor
11,258 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where do I buy Southwest Airlines drink vouchers?

I haven't checked the website regarding this, but I think you can get vouchers instead of a credit when rebooking a flight at a newly reduced rate. Also, business travelers are given 2 vouchers as their 'special bonus' for booking that type of tkt.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
238 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where do I buy Southwest Airlines drink vouchers?

Thanks for the help! I just scored $48 worth of vouchers for $30 from a guy on Craigslist so the problem is solved.

Watch Hill, Rhode...
Level Contributor
11,258 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where do I buy Southwest Airlines drink vouchers?

That sounds as if it's a good deal leland. For anyone else, drinks are 5$ each on the flight, you can use your credit card to purchase them. Try a baileys and finlandia on ice. It's 10$ well spent.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where do I buy Southwest Airlines drink vouchers?

You can purchase them when you check in for your flight. I can't remember how the are sold but I think you get 5 vouchers for $20.00 (which works out to be buy 4 drinks get 1 for free).

Southwest does not accept cash on their flights. Vouchers or Credit Card only.

Portland
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Where do I buy Southwest Airlines drink vouchers?

Joe is correct. You can always buy them at the airport before boarding your flight.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
238 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where do I buy Southwest Airlines drink vouchers?

Thanks for the advice everybody for this and many other tips for my first vegas vacation! And now since I have 12 vouchers and only need about 4, drinks are on me! If you are flying from Austin to LV on July 6th, flight 563 at 6:15 pm and you're sitting near/next to me, your inflight cocktail is on me! Viva Las Vegas!

9. Re: Where do I buy Southwest Airlines drink vouchers?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, November 30, 2009