We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question for Local Experts

New Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
55 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Question for Local Experts

Quick question for you experts............I know in the big cities where I live I get in free to the bars/clubs and so does someone that I am with. You see I go to pay and then they see my badge and they are like ok go on in you dont have to pay and whoever you are with they get in free too. Does anyone know if this happens in vegas........and if so do you know where? PS...........I dont FLASH my badge at them I just try to pay and they see it so I dont rub it in. Thanks for the help

Level Contributor
8,463 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Question for Local Experts

Hutch it is only the night clubs and some ultra lounges that charge a fee. However, unfortunately, a badge is not going to get you in free to those places that do charge, unless you are accompanied by more than one beautiful lady. Even then doubtful.

upstate NY
Level Contributor
347 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Question for Local Experts

And what exactly is there to rub in?

6FeetUnder
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Question for Local Experts

Hutch....if I see your badge I charge you double.

Level Contributor
7,681 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question for Local Experts

Maybe if it was a Las Vegas Metro badge. But just cause you can fix a parking ticket for the bouncer if he ever found his way over to the NFL Hall of Fame. Don't count on them doing you any favors while you're in Sin City.

upstate NY
Level Contributor
347 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Question for Local Experts

Rub what in?

Level Contributor
7,681 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Question for Local Experts

Wise,

I'm guessing he doesn't want to rub in the fact that

"Canton PD Benefits Salary - $24,716 to start. Class A Patrolman earns $33,916, and it goes up from there, according to rank and regular wage increases."

Afterall, with tips and bribes the doorman at a good club in Las Vegas is taking in $500 a night Friday and Sat, $300 a night the other 3 nights a week they work. For around $100K a year. Not to mention that they rarely go home alone. Sure makes them jealous when they think of how much a cop makes.

Police salary info was received from: cityofcanton.com/safetyservice/…recruit.html

upstate NY
Level Contributor
347 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Question for Local Experts

check.

upstate NY
Level Contributor
347 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Question for Local Experts

Check

9. Re: Question for Local Experts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:46 am, August 26, 2005
Level Contributor
7,681 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Question for Local Experts

I helped Wise2Nothing have a good laugh. What are you doing? Only thing you'd make is a good doormat or doorstop. Next.