We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grocery Delivery Service?

Alaska
Level Contributor
788 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Grocery Delivery Service?

Hi, all. I'll be leaving this Sunday for Las Vegas, so excited! Does anyone know if there is a reputable grocery delivery service on the strip? I have multiple severe food allergies. Usually, I bring dry foods (such as cereal, bagels, crackers, etc.) from home, but don't want to waste luggage space. The hotel gift shops don't usually have things that are safe for me to eat. I've already made several dining reservations and had contact with the chefs to advise them of my allergies. The groceries will be for breakfast and snacks. Thanks in advance for any useful input.

Special Offer
Grand Canyon All American Helicopter...
6,721 reviews
from $399.99*
$494.95
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,104 reviews
from $142.99*
$224.90
Special Offer
Deluxe Grand Canyon All American...
511 reviews
from $426.99*
$527.50
Special Offer
Skip the Line: Grand Canyon Skywalk...
403 reviews
from $499.99*
$541.00
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
5,022 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Grocery Delivery Service?

Vons is a grocery store chain. They deliver. Phone: (702) 946-5330 You can google "Vons" and find out what the specials are.

texas
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grocery Delivery Service?

When I stayed at the Sig last year we ordered groceries online from the vons website. It is www.safeway.com (safeway is the same as vons in Las Vegas). I ordered them online before leaving for Vegas and had them delivered the first day we got to Vegas, shortly after check in time. We picked the 2 hour window so we would not have to wait too long, the other option I think is a 4 hour window. They arrived at about 1 hour and 20 minutes into the window time and the bellperson brought the groceries up to our room. They brought everything we requested and the produce looked great. They just charged the credit card we used to place the order. The delivery driver is not allowed to accept tips. We did not even see him since the bellperson brought the groceries up to our room.

Where are you staying? The website does ask what zip code you want them delivered to, that is how they figure if you live in an area where they deliver or not. I have not tried having groceries delivered to just a regular hotel room. We cooked the majority of our meals in our room at the Sig and we also purchased wine coolers and beer which saved us a lot of money.

Alaska
Level Contributor
788 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grocery Delivery Service?

My husband and I are staying at the Flamingo. I have requested a fridge for medical reasons for any perishable groceries. We arrive Sunday night at 10:00 p.m. I should probably pick a time Monday morning then for delivery. How early should I place the order? Thanks for the information.

texas
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grocery Delivery Service?

Before ordering the groceries online I think you should call the Flamingo and the number on the safeway website to make sure that everything will go smoothly. I called the number on the website before ordering groceries when staying at the Sig because I wanted to make sure everything would be okay and they told me that they deliver there frequently. I also called the Sig and asked them if I could receive a delivery there from the Sig and they said it would be no problem.

That said, I typed in the zip code for the Flamingo and they will let me order groceries today for delivery on through the 12th. Their 2 hour delivery time starts at 10am and their 4 hour delivery time starts at 11am. There are different prices for the 2 hour window and the 4 hour window and if you place a minimum order the price for delivery may change. Please consult the website for this.

Any other questions please let me know.

Alaska
Level Contributor
788 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grocery Delivery Service?

Thanks for taking the time to check that out. I'll work on it later when I get home (it's only 4:14 here in AK). Appreciate the information and help.

texas
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grocery Delivery Service?

Let me know how it goes. I may want to get drinks and snacks delivered if I stay at Mandalay Bay later this year.

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
3,478 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grocery Delivery Service?

You might want to call these folks:

Whole Foods Market • Las Vegas Blvd

6689 Las Vegas Blvd.

Las Vegas, NV 89119

Store Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. seven days a week.

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
3,478 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grocery Delivery Service?

I forgot to add - that store is just south of the airport / strip hotels - an easy cab ride I am sure.

www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/lasvegas/

I shop at ours here and they have a lot of organic and special foods. And just plain good food !

Alaska
Level Contributor
788 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Grocery Delivery Service?

Well, so much for that idea. I called and was told by Von's that they could deliver. However, after being on the phone for 30 minutes with a front desk person, a supervisor, and security, I was told that it is against hotel policy for the Flamingo to accept any deliveries (even pizza). Bummer. Guess we'll be taking a cab to the nearest grocery store tomorrow morning.

We are leaving Alaska in about an hour and a half. The weather is cooperating (avalanches and all), so we should be able to get out of Juneau on time. I'm so excited!

St Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
558 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Grocery Delivery Service?

I have used a couple different grocery store deliveries to The Signature and Palms Place. I highly recommend www.Albertsons.com. I've been told the delivery fee went up to $13, but still a great deal!