We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bellagio penthouse suite - worth the extra money?

Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Bellagio penthouse suite - worth the extra money?

Hi all,

I will probably head out to Vegas with my boyfriend in the summer to take advantage of the off-season prices. Last year we went to Skylofts and loved it, but he wants to try something new this time since it's only our second trip. I love doing the over-the-top Vegas thing so I was looking at the Bellagio Penthouse suites.

So, my question, does anyone have any experience with these rooms? I was a little worried because the pictures on the website didn't have much of a 'wow' factor, more like regular rooms only bigger. Then again, pictures can only portray so much. So before I shell out for a penthouse, any input as to whether they're worth it or not? Are they essentially big hotel rooms, or do they have that special 'extra something' feel?

us
Level Contributor
9,142 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bellagio penthouse suite - worth the extra money?

"worth" is subjective - we don't all place the same value on the same things.

for us, no, it's not - we don't think the B is 'worth it" at all. Years ago was a top property. Has gone downhill significabtly, and the throngs of gawkers that are unavoidable are bothersome.

For over-the-top consider FS, Wynn maybe P/V.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bellagio penthouse suite - worth the extra money?

As you're new to the forum and may not be familiar with some of the abbreviations that some posters use, FS = Four Seasons, P/V = Palazzo/Venetian.

I personally wouldn't consider Four Seasons "over the top". Understated and discreet luxury would be my own take and I doubt it's what you're looking for. Unfortunately I haven't actually stayed in a Bellagio Penthouse so can't answer your actual question, but agree with Bridge that "worth it" means different things to different people so it will be difficult to get a non-subjective opinion.

Yuma, Arizona
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Bellagio penthouse suite - worth the extra money?

Check out the suites at the palms if you want over the top. http://www.palms.com/suites_villas_8.php

Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bellagio penthouse suite - worth the extra money?

Interesting...still not sure what I think. My thought is that if I'm going to get a Penthouse suite vs. a Bellagio or Salone suite I hope there's something special about it vs. it being a much like the other rooms with a table, chairs, and sofa thrown in. I'll have to see what prices are come July, especially with travel supposedly being so down this year. Thanks for responding!

michigan
Level Contributor
750 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bellagio penthouse suite - worth the extra money?

If you want that feeling of being "exclusive", then yes, it's worth it. I have stayed in the PH suites a few times.

Although the suites are outdated (okay, realllly outdated), they are still great suites, with great views, in a great hotel.

The major attraction of staying in them is that if you book them, you will get a limo ride to and from the airport and the suites entrance is a "hidden" entrance from the lobby. It has it's own private lobby with free drinks and snacks, and private elevators.

It's great to be a "high roller" for the trip, even if you don't gamble that much.

I do gamble, however... ALOT! :) My hosts usually arrange the limo and the VIP lounge with free drinks, etc., no matter which room I stay in at which hotel. But if you are not a big gambler, the Bellagio Penthouse Suites give you a look at the life of a big gambler without the risk.

Lubbock, Texas
Level Contributor
791 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Bellagio penthouse suite - worth the extra money?

I'm not much for staying in the room so I always opt for the cheaper price vs the luxury. I have paid for the nice accomodations and afterwards I thought that it was not worth the money IMHO.

Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bellagio penthouse suite - worth the extra money?

Ha ha, good for you Buggy23! I believe I'm what's known as a 'risk aversive' personality. Just watching Let's Make a Deal is enough to make me really nervous, so definitely no high roller gambling here!

The suites sound pretty nice (although someone mentioned them being a little older - I thought they were just redone?) I've had both experiences with nice suites...I stayed at Skylofts last year and thought it was worth every penny, then again, the year before that I did a big suite at the Borgata (Atlantic City) and it essentially could have been a Holiday Inn only really big. But really, you can't know for sure until you get there I guess!

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
42,199 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bellagio penthouse suite - worth the extra money?

I've seen the Bellagio PH Suite but never stayed in one. I've taken both the Bellagio & Wynn room tours and personally feel the Wynn Suites are better suited for us. But in all honesty I am not a Bellagio fan and think Wynn is the much superior hotel.

I do agree with your "bigger isn't always better" point of view. So we actually prefer the Wynn Parlor Suite to the large Salone Suite. Besides my wife doesn't really need a massage room in our suite, she prefers to actually go to the spa.

But your biggest problem is going to be that you've already stayed at Skylofts. So anything else is going to pale in comparison. No matter which suite you choose, when you return your TR is going to say "The suite was very nice but the service wasn't the same level as the Skylofts".

Because the Skylofts are run as their own entity(basically a 50 room luxury hotel) with it's own employees and management the service, and more importantly the attitude, is unparalleled in LV. Until you go downstairs to MGM, you feel that you are in an entirely seperate hotel.

This will not happen at Bellagio. Even though they try and provide slightly better service to the suites, you will still basically be a guest of Bellagio (not that this is a bad thing). And even Wynn with it's 5-star Tower section can not provide the same feeling as the Skylofts.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't experiance other hotels or suites, but don't expect the over-all experiance (the suite, service, amenities & attitude) to compare with the Skylofts.

I would actually suggest that since you are going next summer that you look into suites at Encore. By the time you are ready to make your reservations there should be more info, and even some reviews of their suites and the hotel.

Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bellagio penthouse suite - worth the extra money?

Thanks, those are some of the same things I was thinking (in terms of nothing else quite being Skylofts and Bellagio vs. Wynn.) Encore is a good suggestion, I may check that out as well!

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,856 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bellagio penthouse suite - worth the extra money?

I was going to say it is odd, but then thought that no it isn't at all, seems that those that like Bellagio and those that favor Wynn do so because of personal taste. Bellagio has the old world sort of charm and elegance. Wynn is glass, brass and marble elegance and accomodations more contemporary those at Belllagio. It's all a matter of personal preference. I also don't know why bridgefan dislikes Bellagio so much, can only guess they must have lost a lot of $ there or somehow something didn't go the way they wanted or thought it should. However, bridgefan also seems to be a rather exacting person so I don't pay a whole lot of attention.

Of Wynn and Bellagio, in many ways Wynn does have more WOW factor, however the suites at B are also wonderful as is the entire hotel. I do like the suggestion of checking out Encore since it will be brand new in '09. Other than that.....also check out the suites at the Palms, real WOW factor in many of those!