We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pools open late january early february???

PA
Level Contributor
386 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
pools open late january early february???

just wondering if any hotels have pools open in Jan/Feb. Planning a trip then and want to relax by the pool for a few hours. Possible or not?

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: pools open late january early february???

A lot of hotels keep one pool open throughout the winter. Your main problem will be the weather. Unless you get a few unusually warm days, it's too cold in January/February for all but the most keen of swimmers to go anywhere near a Vegas pool.

Boston...
Level Contributor
6,410 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: pools open late january early february???

Agree with blagger. I am a hardy New Englander but the winds in Vegas in winter are not warm. People were swimming at the one pool open at MGM in Dec 2006 but there was no way you could do anything other than go from the pool into a warm robe and then run back inside for shelter. I cannot imagine lying out wet in the cold. Maybe if it was warm and you didn't go into the water, and it was unseasonably warm. Good luck!

It is very different from being in Miami where I have been in warm Januarys and I've gone in the ocean and the water is warmer than any Aug day in NE but the locals call you crazy. Because of the wind in Vegas is different.

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Mount Pocono
Level Contributor
4,300 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: pools open late january early february???

I also agree with Blagger. I am not sure if this will help as it is only a guidline.

www.lasvegasadvisor.com/showtable.cfm?id=24

Good Luck!!

VegasSue

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: pools open late january early february???

I wouldn't count on it. The average high in Jan/Feb-

mid 50s to 60s but the high can be as low as the 30s or 40s. It has reached the 70s a few years but that is unusual.

On one trip I tried using the Jacuzzi in winter. It was O.K. getting and staying in. Getting out, trying to dry off, throwing on clothes and getting back into the hotel before turning into an ice cube was a challenge.

Bring the bathing suit but don't have your heart set on using it. Check a weather site just before leaving and bring clothes that can be layered.

Maspeth NY
Level Contributor
913 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: pools open late january early february???

i know the bellagio pool was open one year in jan and one year in feb when i was there - the afternoon (12 - 3 pm) temps were about 55-60 - and people were in the pool - not being that brave, i just sat on the lounge chair -

just check with the hotel you are thinking of staying at - see what their policy is about the pool.

6. Re: pools open late january early february???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:26 am, September 04, 2009