We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxis

oxford, england
Level Contributor
244 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Taxis

Hi All

I spoke to the reservations team last night, and they advised me to book a private car for $80, as I could be waiting in the taxi rank for up to 2 hours at the airport.

Is that extreme, or is that a serious possibility?

Thanks

Daniel

Special Offer
Grand Canyon All-American Helicopter...
6,704 Reviews
from $399.99*
$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,203 Reviews
from $139.99*
$224.90
Grand Canyon 4-in-1 Helicopter Tour
926 Reviews
from $598.99*
Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxis

No, it is NOT a serious possibilty. I suppose it could happen but I never heard of that and it certainly never happen to me. The line may seem long but it moves very very quickly. I don't think I ever waited more than 10/15 minutes and most times it wasn't even that long. If you do think the line is too long I would try one of the walk-up sedans that are also available at the airport. But I would not book a limo just to avoid a two hour wait- it isn't going to happen.

nc
Level Contributor
521 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxis

We have been to Vegas multiple times and never waited more than 20 minutes for a taxi at the airport. We usually arrive on Friday afternoon. The lines look terribly long but they move quickly. They are handled efficiently.

I would not spend the money on a private car just to avoid the taxi line.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
11,809 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxis

I imagine the "reservations team" gets a nice commission for booking limos.

Ohio
Level Contributor
7,339 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxis

By private car do you mean car rental or limo?

During the 8 trips to Vegas, we never had to wait more than 5 minutes for a taxi at the airport.

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
68 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxis

Just returned from Vegas and when we arrived the taxi line looked so long. It moved quickly and I would say we waited no more than 15 minutes.

United States
Level Contributor
27,352 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxis

The taxi line at the airport moves incredibly fast. It moves continuously and is an efficient operation. Have never waited more than 20 minutes and that was when the line was very very long. If you see a long line, don't let that deter you from getting in line.

oxford, england
Level Contributor
244 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxis

Thanks a lot everyone

We'll stick with the taxi's then, and just to confirm, I get in the taxi and say 'hilton grand vacations, please avoid the tunnel'?

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,297 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxis

The hotels love to use this scare tactic. Occasionally the taxi line is long, but almost always quick.

Limo's in vegas are a dime a dozen. If you found the line unreasonable when you got there, lots of limos for hire are also available right there at the terminal. And unless your hotel is at Lake Las Vegas, it would be a lot cheaper than $80!

Jackson, MS
Level Contributor
303 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxis

Might be helpful if you let them know which location you're going to. There are two on The Strip, one by Circus Circus and one by the Flamingo. For the one by Circus Circus the tunnel is the fastest and cheapest route.

There are taxis at the airport that can be had for less than $80. All you have to do is ask the driver.

10. Re: Taxis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 am, October 12, 2009