We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Canyon by helicopter

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
66 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Canyon by helicopter

Can anyone advise us of the best company to use for a helicopter trip to and into the Grand Canyon, preferably landing and taking in a ranch or rafting experience. We are a family of 4 (2 kids - 11 and 7) travelling to Las Vegas in October.

Any previous experiences gratefully received!

Berkshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,518 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Canyon by helicopter

Hi UKAngel,

We've just booked our trip to the GC.

We booked through Papillon Tours, they seem to get good reviews from people on here.

The trip was a bit more expensive than we were expecting but it involves plane to the GC, helicopter to the Canyon floor, trip on the Colorado River and lunch.

They have lots of different tour packages - www.papillon.com

HTH

Barbie

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
506 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Canyon by helicopter

We had a great experience with Papillion. We did not do the rafting. Just flew to the canyon and landed in a breathtaking spot for a picnic lunch that they provided. It was a great day, we loved it.

Windsor UK
Level Contributor
1,328 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Canyon by helicopter

Flew to the GC by helicopter with Heli USA a few years ago.Went down below the rim and then landed for a cowboy lunch and horse riding at the west rim although expensive was still very good,took about 4 hours from hotel to hotel and was booked on their web site.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
66 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Canyon by helicopter

Thanks for advice - Papillon seems a favourite.

I have found a tour for helicopter from Vegas into canyon with ranch experience, BBQ etc with a company called Look Tours which seems to come out $200 cheaper than most others has anyone used them?

Berkshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,518 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Canyon by helicopter

Hi

We looked at Look Tours too, they did offer good tours at good prices. However, after reading reviews of them on here, we deicded not to chance it and went with Papillon instead.

Barbie

Rochester Hills...
Level Contributor
563 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Canyon by helicopter

In November 2002, my husband and I (young couple) took the the Grand Canyon & Hoover Dam Helicopter Flight with Basin landing and picnic lunch provided by Helicopter Tours USA. Our experience was fabulous and would highly recommend this trip to our friends & family. The pilot was an war veteran who was extremely professional & personable. He also had a vast knowledge of the area. We took the early afternoon flight and found the view of the Vegas Strip on way back to be stunning. It was fun to watch the rides on the Stratosphere. We choose a day flight since the previous night we were able to see much of the lighted strip from the Eiffel Tower at Paris. At that time we paid ~$230pp for the trip.

Sydney, Australia
13 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Canyon by helicopter

Hi all,

I am considering the Sunset Grand Celebration heli tour with Papillon this November.

I believe I will go with them after reading the favourable reviews here, does anyone have any experience with this tour?

The in-laws went to the GC on a bus tour, I just can't hack 14 hours in a bus (am going to be in planes all through out this trip!!)

Thanks

Dev