We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where did you say we could buy Marmite.

Level Contributor
11,355 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Where did you say we could buy Marmite.

As a family we are addicted to Marmite. I thought I had saved a thread that discussed where to buy it in LV - but I have lost it. I tried to bring some into USA but had it confiscated - I tried to explain to security what it was but that made things worse.

I did not ask for it back because things could have turned nasty. I just imagined one of the guards trying it later - definitely an acquired taste.

Special Offer
Las Vegas to Grand Canyon Helicopter...
6,625 Reviews
from $399.99*
$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam from Las...
5,112 Reviews
from $142.99*
$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
403 Reviews
from $529.99*
$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter and...
915 Reviews
from $598.99*
$650.00
Carson City, Nevada
Level Contributor
2,903 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Where did you say we could buy Marmite.

ack...

Level Contributor
404 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where did you say we could buy Marmite.

Okay I'll bite.

What is Marmite?

mfj
sydney, australia
Level Contributor
653 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where did you say we could buy Marmite.

I was going to say "Take it with you..." but read on and realised your problem.

I'm surprised they confiscated it - we've taken Vegemite (Aus equivalent - it's actually better than Marmite) into to US before without any problem.

Sorry - can't help you locate any, but keep an ear out for some Aussies. It's odds on they'll have Vegemite with them and will be happy to share some with you.

Cheesehead - Marmite (and Vegemite) are a paste made from brewers' yeast. You have it on toast or bread. It looks like black shoe polish, but it's delicious - very bitey and very addictive!

Level Contributor
7,681 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where did you say we could buy Marmite.

On Decatur Blvd, not far from the Orleans, there is an International Marketplace. They might have it. Otherwise if your trip is far enough in advance, you can mail it to yourself C/O the hotel at which you'll be staying.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where did you say we could buy Marmite.

Don't know if it is still there but there was a British food store- British Food Inc. at 3375 S. Decatur . If all else fails you can look them up when you get to L.V. It is worth a shot.

Level Contributor
11,355 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where did you say we could buy Marmite.

What a brilliant idea Vegasman and when I arrive there will be hundreds of FBI waiting. " he's the terrorist who tried to get that black stuff in here the last time." It will probably be seen as a suspect package and blow it up.

Marmite is made from Brewers yeast, thick as tar and same black colour. There is no way I can describe the taste. You give it to babies - some love it for the rest of their lives - the others spit it as far as they can, cry and never go near it again without tears.

You must admit you are intrigued!!!

I bet you will be round to that store looking for it within the hour and treat it like a class A drug. I just know you cannot wait to taste marmite, Bovril or Veggiemite. Don't know what you have missed, perhaps!

Thanks for the replies.

Level Contributor
7,681 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where did you say we could buy Marmite.

Sarcasm, I love it. Ok Mr Limey, try this.

www.shopnewzealand.co.nz/index.php…

And they will ship it for you. FBI will be a lot less suspicious if the package is not labelled in crayon. So buy from them, and the shipping will be a lot more professional. Or you addicts can go without your beloved Marmite for the week you're in The States.

Can't you all just see them bringing their Marmite into the buffet at the Bellagio??

Level Contributor
11,355 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where did you say we could buy Marmite.

Nor sarcasm - from the bottom of my heart - I want you to try this culinary miracle.

I am sure that with your sometimes acid tongue you will thrive on this delicacy.

Meant it thank for the info.

Level Contributor
404 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Where did you say we could buy Marmite.

Intrigued? Somewhat.

But this tar like substance sounds like you would put in a pipe and puff puff rather than spreading it on your toast. ;)

Just funnin' folks I love learning new things at my old age.

Liverpool uk
Level Contributor
590 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Where did you say we could buy Marmite.

cheesehead,

Take a look at this.

http://www.marmite.com/love/tv/