We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! Vegas Newbie Here

Boston
4 posts
Help! Vegas Newbie Here

Hi all!

On a whim, I booked my boyfriend and myself on a long weekend to Las Vegas. I have never been there. Can anyone give me some pointers, specifically: HOW DO I GET FROM THE AIRPORT TO MY HOTEL?

Any tips you can give me are appreciated.

North East, England
Level Contributor
649 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: Help! Vegas Newbie Here

welcome to the forum! you will love vegas. cab or limo to your hotel. you can get a shuttle bus, not worth the wait imo. where you staying?

Austin, TX.
Level Contributor
4,889 posts
18 reviews
2. Re: Help! Vegas Newbie Here

Could this be our long lost "friend" tims42? Sure sounds like his type of question.

Level Contributor
7,681 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: Help! Vegas Newbie Here

Rent a car if you plan on taking side trips while you're here. Otherwise cab, limo or shuttle bus are the most popular options.

SAN ANTONIO,TX
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
1 review
4. Re: Help! Vegas Newbie Here

Since when is the neurotic, kevin an authority on Vegas.

He had a cerebral just trying to decide where to stay.

pa.
Level Contributor
482 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Help! Vegas Newbie Here

kevin just gave an opinion,its what this forum is about, maybe some people on here will see that some day

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
61 posts
6. Re: Help! Vegas Newbie Here

Taxis are plentiful after you get out of baggage claim, but can have a LONG wait depending on when you fly in (ie: waited 45 minutes in line in June on a Friday for one, can be a pain when you are trying to carry baggage through a LONG line). Limos are also plentiful (around $35/hour) but call in advance for one. They meet you in baggage claim with a sign, help carry your luggage. It's a small price to pay if you ask me, depending on when your flight comes in and how quickly you want to get to your hotel. Transfers are also available depending on where you book your trip through, but be careful, depending on what hotel you stay it, you can have up to an hour drive, they will stop at each hotel to drop off other passengers on the transfer bus. Good luck!

7. Re: Help! Vegas Newbie Here

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:09 pm, November 05, 2005
Beverly Hills, CA
Level Contributor
228 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: Help! Vegas Newbie Here

FredM wrote: "How adventuresome are you two?"

Are you propositioning those folks? I think you are JUST a little old for them.

Arlington TX
Level Contributor
981 posts
9. Re: Help! Vegas Newbie Here

No. But it is difficult to recommend a slate of activities when you do not know know anything about the people posing the question. Las Vegas has something for everyone, all "pocketbooks" and persuasions. I woud have different recommendations for party-going 20-30 year olds than I would for sight-seeing Senior Citizens.

syracuse, ny
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
10. Re: Help! Vegas Newbie Here

I've a question for Jackpot99: Just what is a cerebral anyway?

Thanks