We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Cirque De Soleil Show For Us?

new zealand
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Which Cirque De Soleil Show For Us?

We would like to take in a Cirque Show while in Vegas next month with our 2 boys aged 17 & 15. Can anyone suggest which show would appeal to this age group. Ka and Mystere seem to be the main choices, we are staying at MGMif that helps but maybe there are other shows like David Copperfield that would be better for this age. We will only have time to take in one show so want to give the kids (and us) a memorable trip. Also any suggestions on which seating would be welcome. I don't mind what I pay as long as its worth it. Thanks heaps in advance for any suggestions.

North East, England
Level Contributor
649 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Cirque De Soleil Show For Us?

i have only seen o and i have to say it was out of this world! go for the second price tickets further back to take in the whole show.

dallas
Level Contributor
2,206 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Cirque De Soleil Show For Us?

i have seen both and for that age i would go with ka due to more action in show,

as far as seating i would not sit in 1st 15 rows due to action in catwalks up high,

annapolis, md
Level Contributor
377 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Cirque De Soleil Show For Us?

The boys will like Ka or Mystere the most. They will also like The Blue Man Group very much. O will bore the heck out of them. I've never seen any magic shows so I can't comment.

Regarding the seating at Ka, I like the front center rows the most. Not that much goes on on the Catwalk... just shooting arrows and a some jumping around. Cirques (in my opinion... it's ALL personal preference) are best viewed closer.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
3,030 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Cirque De Soleil Show For Us?

Agreed, Mystere or Ka either one.

Redmond, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,610 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Cirque De Soleil Show For Us?

"KA" is at the MGM if that colors your choice any? I agree that middle of the cost seats are best not too far or too close. Most CDS shows are visually stunning and should be viewed with a wide angle.

I've seen Lance Burton and Penn & Teller, I liked Penn & Tteller more than Lance simply because I am not into the big production numbers.

Also try Mac King he is a first class magician and the matinee's are reasonably priced.

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Cirque De Soleil Show For Us?

I would sugget Ka for boys of that age. The fight sequences, awesome special stage effects, and acrobatics will be right up their alley.

The Blue Men Group would be another excellent choice for them. That is, if they like rockin music and comedy. If you go to see the BMG take a camera and stay in the lobby after the show. They will make an appearance in the lobby for photo opportunities.

Unless the magic show is freaky (ala Penn & Teller) or has sexy show girl assistants I doubt they would enjoy them as much as the Ka or BMG.