We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arrving at 11:00 PM in Vegas on the 21st...

michigan
Level Contributor
178 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Arrving at 11:00 PM in Vegas on the 21st...

Will I be able to get the room I want? (Non-smoking queen beds) If not, any suggestions?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arrving at 11:00 PM in Vegas on the 21st...

If you made reservations, and were guaranteed room type, they should hold it for you. Contact the hotel on the morning of arrival or night before to confirm your reservation and room type. If its guaranteed with a credit card, and they dont have the room when you check in, you are due some kind of compensation(upgrade, etc.). People check into Vegas at all hours of the night, so 11PM is not out of the ordinary.

Austin, TX.
Level Contributor
4,889 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arrving at 11:00 PM in Vegas on the 21st...

Depends. What hotel?

michigan
Level Contributor
178 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arrving at 11:00 PM in Vegas on the 21st...

Bally's

Redmond, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,610 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arrving at 11:00 PM in Vegas on the 21st...

My experience is; the later you arrive the less the hotel has to offer.

I have seen fights break out because the hotel was so oversold that people with reservations couldn't even get a room.

I have also experienced late check ins where the room type we reserved was sold out so they gave us an upgrade to a nicer room.

You might try calling the hotel around 3 or 4 the day of departure and reconfirm your reservation.

OCNY
Level Contributor
2,075 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Arrving at 11:00 PM in Vegas on the 21st...

Bally's on a Tuesday night in what looks like a slow week? Heck yeah! Ask if you can get a upgrade while you're at it! Nice suites at Bally's.

michigan
Level Contributor
178 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Arrving at 11:00 PM in Vegas on the 21st...

What should I ask for possibly upgrading for a suite? Do I have to pay for it? Is it worth paying for it?

OCNY
Level Contributor
2,075 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Arrving at 11:00 PM in Vegas on the 21st...

I would just ask in the nicest way, "Would it be possible to upgrade to a suite?" and wing it from there. Maybe they'll bump up for free, if they can.

Someone posted a while ago that they were offered a suite upgrade at Bally's for $25 a night, and that's definitely worth it IMO, especially if you're travelling with your better half. If you get that far, they'll show you pictures of the suite and what it offers.