We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Global Discovery Vacations

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,970 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Global Discovery Vacations

Global Discovery Vacations appears to be a clearinghouse of excess time shares. The LV properties look ok but has anyone given them a try?

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,572 reviews
from $399.99*
$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,041 reviews
from $142.99*
$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
571 reviews
from $369.99*
$479.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
388 reviews
from $499.99*
$541.00
Wheeling,Illinois
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Global Discovery Vacations

I have purchased this membership yesterday for $5900 5 weeks per year.It is $389 year fee plus $96 for every week. I have 3 days to cancel (actually it is 2 days:today and tomorrow).Can you advise?

jsaknovsky@yahoo.com

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,970 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Global Discovery Vacations

We are in but havent used it yet, can't advise. It appears that I am bound for "resorts" with my time in the low life parts of Vegas a bit limited.

Chicago, il
1 post
Save Reply
13. Re: Global Discovery Vacations

I just purchased myself. I couldn't find anything bad about this company. I'm sure all companies have their faults. I own time share with the Westgate Resort in Orlando, and they're not perfect either. i'm looking for to having some good stories to tell about this Global Discovery Vacation.

MARYLAND
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Global Discovery Vacations

We bought into Global Discovery Vacation June 2007. I must say we are not happy with the stay we got for 157 per month for 4 years. We stayed at the Grand Palms in Kissimmee, Fl to go to Disney August 9th-16th, 2008 and it was an absolute low end resort. No one was at the Guard Shack nor was anyone available to help or guide you. No one answered the phone on the emergency line number provided. The condo door lock was broken and the patio slider door lock was broken. I felt unsafe the entire week we were there. There was not an internet service provided and we had to find a library to booked our boarding passes. It looked desolate and the picture of the condo was more appealing than the actual place. We felt that we were in a dark dismal run down area. I hated it and I hate Global Discovery Vacation. They seemed to have low end resorts and I am embarrassed to be a member. I tried to book something for a friend and every place that was offered to her appeared run down. We only used them once and it is our last time. I complained to the travel agent who booked us and she relayed the message to her supervisor and she did nothing. She kept saying we should have called while we were there. We did and noone answered the phone on the emergency lines. Also, it is hard to get something booked with them. You have to plan months in advance.

Owings Mills
Level Contributor
7 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Global Discovery Vacations

My husband and I just signed up for 2 stars and we paid $3550.00. We have a few more days till we have to decide for sure. Have read good and bad. Very confused. HELP PLEASE someone let us know their experiences quickly!!!!!! Can you go where you want or do they not have alot of places available? How do you like the express travel, can you usually get what you want? We want to use this for places we want not where they want. What is your advice, need it quick. Thanks,

Fairfax, VA
1 post
Save Reply
16. Re: Global Discovery Vacations

Good evening. My wife and I just sat through the pitch from Global Discovery Vacations and settled on the "Two Star" package and paid $4,074all fees included for lifetime with a renewal of $369.00 per year starting one year from today.

I would like to re-start the discussion of whether we got a good deal, whether the service after the sale is satisfying, and whether the resorts are available and enjoyable.

We normally pay about $5,000 for one week to rent an house for all of our family on the emerald Coast in Florida each year and do other travel and this seemed like it would save us more than the lifetime cost within about 12-24 months (considering what we will pay in week long use fees, etc for our travels).

Like most, we are in the 45-58 year old crowd who believe we will have more money and time to travel over the next several years. And the ability to use for family and transfer also will help us as we normally "help out" with the travel costs of mothers, chieldren and grand children, etc...

Please let me hear wht you have experienced.

VA
1 post
Save Reply
17. Re: Global Discovery Vacations

I was wondering if anyone thought that Global Discovery was a SCAM??.... I have seen on the website Ripoff Report that this was a scam and not to buy into Global Vacations/Global Discovery. I am trying to see if anyone has truly had a good experience with this company.

Thank you

18. Re: Global Discovery Vacations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:26 am, November 24, 2008
19. Re: Global Discovery Vacations

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

20. Re: Global Discovery Vacations