We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! ---- Signature at MGM booked but is the service ok?

NJ
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Help! ---- Signature at MGM booked but is the service ok?

We're staying in the 950sq ft two-room suite. (this Sunday --- Friday). Reading the reviews, there seemto be many complaints about the service as well as a note that there is a $25/charge for housekeeping. Paying the $25 is ok, if annoying. But it makes me worry even more about the service in that it's not normally included --- almost as if this is an apartment building.

We also did not know that investors apparently own the suites.

Shouldwe be worried, and if so, any suggestions? Tx!

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
1. Re: Help! ---- Signature at MGM booked but is the service ok?

When reading online reviews it must be remembered that the 5% of unhappy guests are FAR more likely to make the effort to post a review than the 95% who were totally satisfied with their stay. I don't recall this issue ever being raised on this forum and if there were a problem I'm sure that wouldn't be the case.

As far as I'm aware, the suites at Signature are a combination of those that are privately owned and others actually owned by the MGM Grand.

1060 W Addison...
Level Contributor
10,156 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: Help! ---- Signature at MGM booked but is the service ok?

If you booked directly through the hotel, you get a room owned my MGM and daily maid service included in your rate. It's only folks who book through an investor that have to pay for optional maid service.

In either case, no, you should be worried. I found the staff there amazing. They are big suites and tough to clean. If something is overlooked, just call and have them make it right.

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
3,642 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: Help! ---- Signature at MGM booked but is the service ok?

Actually - as much as I disliked this place - I did find service to be good - it's management that didn't make my x-mas list.

Also - be forwarned - you are not getting a true two-bedroom suite. The rooms aren't actually connected. Still, they are next to each other and if you prop the front door open of each with a doorstop, you'll have no issues.

Definitely not an apartment building - closer to a condo.

Orange County...
Level Contributor
9,127 posts
85 reviews
4. Re: Help! ---- Signature at MGM booked but is the service ok?

I have found service at the Sig. to be really good. Remember, even the best hotels in Vegas seem to get lots of service complaints -- probably because they're so darn big.

We have had excellent, excellent room service meals, and great housekeeping (doesn't hurt to tip the hard working maids at least a fiver!). Remember to turn on your housekeeping light before you leave for the day, and one day when we were spending almost the whole day in the bedroom (?!?), I called down to housekeeping to let them know we were leaving, just to give them a heads up...and when we returnd, our room was perfect.

Are you renting through vrbo? Each owner seems to do something different re. housekeeping. The hotel just charges an extra $15 a day for high speed internet, water, and newspaper.

Hope you have a great trip.

5. Re: Help! ---- Signature at MGM booked but is the service ok?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, September 17, 2009